Conrad Anker slide show at The North Face

The_North_Face

Come spend an evening with TNF athlete Conrad Anker on Monday, March 24th at 7:00pm

How has exploration changed in the past 100 years? From the early explorers who visited distant lands in hopes of increasing the dominion of their nation to the current quest for exploration what are the underlying differences of exploration. With a view to the future, what type of expeditions will people exploration is queried in the general sense as to what it provides to society.

Travel to Pakistan's Karakoram Mountains during Conrad Anker's slide show "Exploration in the 20th Century". The show will focus on a recent expedition to climb the unclimbed south face of K7 with Jimmy Chin and Brady Robinson. Their route would involve over 8000 vertical feet of climbing. The epic climb remains unfinished as the team was stormed off after 16 days on the route. Conrad will talk about the climb, but also provide insight into the travel, culture and people of this rugged and remote region of the planet.

The presentation is also illustrated with images from Alaska, the Himalaya, Yosemite and Antarctica. The presentation takes @ 45 minutes and is open for questions and answers afterwards.

This show is free and refreshments will be served.

The show will be held at our downtown Seattle store and seating will be limited so please call to reserve a seat.

Monday, March 24th, 7pm

The North Face

1023 1st Ave (@ Spring Street)

Seattle

Hope to see you there!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Winter said:

What ever happened to the thread on the guidelines for posting slide shows and events? The Mazamas get harshed on but the North Face is given free reign?

This show is free, the other was not. We have decided to ease up a bit on pay to enter shows but request that they ask to clear it with us first. I did end up apologizing to the Mazamas guy, hopefully that won't tarnish my asshole status too much. the_finger.gif

Here's a rant: I HATE THOSE NF ADS!!! Why the hell do they think that we want to see EVERY PORE on the faces of every climber that NF sponsors?????? Give me a climbing shot any day. AS BAD AS THE " GO WHERE NONE HAVE GONE BEFORE" SUV ADS!!!!! madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

Jon - Glad to hear you eased up on the Mazamas guy. I think its a mistake to let TNF post slide shows here b/c they rape us of cash and can then afford to have Anker give a slide show whereas the Mazamas are scraping to get by and need to charge for us to see Ed Webster or Kurt Diemberger ... both way more interesting than hearing another damn talk on the search for Mallory ... give that shit up already and let's talk about climbing.

wazzup.gif

Winter said:

Jon - Glad to hear you eased up on the Mazamas guy. I think its a mistake to let TNF post slide shows here b/c they rape us of cash and can then afford to have Anker give a slide show whereas the Mazamas are scraping to get by and need to charge for us to see Ed Webster or Kurt Diemberger ... both way more interesting than hearing another damn talk on the search for Mallory ... give that shit up already and let's talk about climbing.

wazzup.gif

I was on your side, Winter; but now you sound like a whiney puss. rolleyes.gif

Winter said:

wazzup.gif

confused.gif

With TNF, the show is free and the refreshments are free. You don't have to buy anything from them. You can only choose to.

Rape? I don't think so. hellno3d.gif

If you feel like getting down on all fours, that's your decision.

Greg_W said:

Winter said:

wazzup.gif

I was on your side, Winter; but now you sound like a whiney puss. rolleyes.gif

YOU SMELT IT AND CAME RUNNING DIDNT YOU!!!

hahaha.gif

Bronco said:

Lambone said:

Ran into Conrad Anker ice climbing in Bozeman. He was the least friendly climber that I've ever run into. Too cool to chat with us pee-ons I guess.

did that hurt your feelings? cry.gif

I'm imagining now:

Yeah hi Conrad I have all your photos pasted on my wall and I loved alex lowe so much I'd like to be doing his wife too smirk.gif Can I have your autograph and annoy you some more? How do you climb dem big mtns so well? I aspire to be like you. Did you figure 4 on that move and how do you REALLY like Koflach boots? Are they really as warm as the ad says laugh.giftongue.giffruit.gif

Conrad- Get lost son your gettin on my nerves.

Lambone leaves with feelings scorched grin.gif

cracked said:

It must suck to be a well-know climber. I'd hate to be Beckey.

I imagine he resents it when people are asking him dumb ass questions and telling him how much they love him. I think he'd rather people say - Hey party at 7pm LOTSA GIRLS and bonfire near the campground. See you there.. Ya need a ride? I'll buy the first round and bring a couple dames for ya. Then we wake up at 8 am and climb a route you've never done before (do your research grin.gif ).. BTW how's the college football tournaments going to turn out next year? Man what do you think of the QB from WA state?

Things not so ask\say- Page 78 of your guidebook on topo 22 you said it was run out.. What does that mean? Did you use aid on pitch 22 of mt whateverit is during the first climb? HOw old are you? How many 1st ascents do you have? You are my hero (unless your some little kid).

Cpt.Caveman said:

cracked said:

It must suck to be a well-know climber. I'd hate to be Beckey.

I imagine he resents it when people are asking him dumb ass questions and telling him how much they love him. I think he'd rather people say - Hey party at 7pm LOTSA GIRLS and bonfire near the campground. See you there.. Ya need a ride? I'll buy the first round and bring a couple dames for ya. Then we wake up at 8 am and climb a route you've never done before (do your research grin.gif ).. BTW how's the college football tournaments going to turn out next year? Man what do you think of the QB from WA state?

Things not so ask\say- Page 78 of your guidebook on topo 22 you said it was run out.. What does that mean? Did you use aid on pitch 22 of mt whateverit is during the first climb? HOw old are you? How many 1st ascents do you have? You are my hero (unless your some little kid).

The hearing changes tempo. No problem hearing you say "Fred theres hot girls at this party" smileysex5.gif but when you ask about the unclimbed wall on the north face of Horsecock Spire, "WHAT HUH?????"