i hope this mall burns to the ground

erik

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

specialed said:

Sad thing is, he could sue but all he could probably get would be the ability to wear his shirt at the mall. It would be hard to recover any damages. Probably wouldn't be worth the cost of litigation. Though sounded like the ACLU was interested in the case.

money is not the point.

repsect of peoples views. and people themselves.

and anyways all malls should burn to the ground.

maybe i will try this stunt at the tacoma mall.

erik said:

specialed said:

Sad thing is, he could sue but all he could probably get would be the ability to wear his shirt at the mall. It would be hard to recover any damages. Probably wouldn't be worth the cost of litigation. Though sounded like the ACLU was interested in the case.

money is not the point.

maybe i will try this stunt at the tacoma mall.

i'll worship you if you do

Don't like this anymore than teachers using classroom for their political views.

If it is sold at the mall, should be able to wear it at the mall.

Just wish more chicas would wear their Victoria's secret stuff around the mall while they finish shopping. Although, some malls have liquor stores, you can't consume the alcohol in public. I know, bad analogy, but only one that comes to mind on short notice.

Bet no prosecutor will put his neck out to bring this to trial if he has any hope of becoming a judge.

erik said:

specialed said:

money is not the point.

maybe i will try this cunt at the tacoma mall.

HUUUUUUUHHH! you said cunt! blush.gifshocked.gif

I never wrote that word anyways.

I may be an asshole and rude. But I never ever ever ever talk about woman in that way. And seeing burp type that really fucking pisses me off and if i were burp i would change that post soon.

I had a nourishing Cinnabon today and washed it down with a refreshing Orange Julius after my mall loop walk. I then perused the three competing hologram shops and bought the "my tummy sticks out farther than my dickey do" t-shirt to cap the event.

erik said:

burn mall burn!

total bullshit.

ashcroft can suk it

Erik:

I see you are angry about the way the protesters were treated. But why do you want the mall to burn, I thought you were a peace supporter. Thats not peaceful!

Think of it this way, if some war monger was marching around your front yard with a WAR IS GOOD t-shirt and you asked him to leave, would it be not respecting his views? what if he was making your visiting friends nuts and you thought they might go home and never come over to your house again? would you call the cops to report someone tresspassing on your personal private property?

And finally, what if there were no more hypothetical questions?

bronco

i really do not have an opinion on the war. i am not a peace supporter or a war supporter. i am an erik and his friend's supporter.

if some nut case was out in front of my house with a "i hate erik" shirt on. i would laugh. if some person feels the need to express those thoughts, that is their issue and not mine. i have better things to worry about then something of that sort.

and if there were no more hypothetical questions, well then we would all be stuck in reality!

Property Rights are not absolute. Often property rights and issues of freedom of speech conflict. However, when one opens up a shopping mall they invite the public into it, thereby compromising any right they previously had to exclude anyone from their property. grin.gif

So if I park my car at a local college campus, or say, in Freemont....with an "I support George W Bush" bumper sticker affixed, my free speech rights will be respected?

I propose that it is highly likely my vehicle would be vandalized by the local "peace-loving" people there.

Is the "mall story" complete? Perhaps similarly clad individuals had participated in a not-so-peaceful protest earlier??

Its an excellent example of why malls are not an adequate replacement for public space. The mall, like this board, is private property. They're way over the top on this one, since the message was innocuous and non-specific, but malls are hugely inferior to traditional concepts of shopping districts. I agree with erik and mojo nixon: burn down the malls.