Turn on Ch. 5

catbirdseat

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with AlpineK on this one. TV licks. I can't watch 15 minutes without wanting to gnaw my arm off. It's the commercials. Orgasmic shampoo, Britney Spears, Pepsi, BUY ME BUY ME BUY ME. Shit. It's like those damned people who call asking if my windshield needs to be repaired. If my windshield needed to be repaired, then I would get it repaired. If I want a cool refreshing beverage, I'll buy a cool refreshing beverage.

pitty.gif

minx said:

come on...doesn't it scare anybody but me that our choices on TV the other night were michael jackson, michael jackson or joe shmillionaire? shocked.gif

no... your choice was between, a) Stupid TV, or b) read a book/ go for a walk/bike etc; drink; have sex; write a poem; see "Gangs of New York and oogle sexy movie stars (Diaz, hotcha!!!!!!); break a window; hug a tree; fake a UFO sighting; sign up in the US army; experience Buddhic oneness with the cosmos; spray online; do laundry; make dinner; phone your friends to tell em you love em cause you might die this weekend; training in the gym; philosophical debates; taking a night course; robbing a bank; learning to juggle; hunting giant squid in a bathysphere; dressing up as a Goth; learning Cantonese; saving a whale; building a robot; killing vermin snaf.gif; winning the Nobel peace prize; selling used cars; living on the street; translating Etruscan; playing Scrabble; playing poker; blowing your brains out with a shotgun; waxing your bikini line; astral voyaging; smoking a fat blunt; baking a cake; brewing a keg of home made beer; silently screaming cause no one can hear you; redefining the definition of speed; stealing cars and joyriding; quitting it all and moving to montana to raise prize stallions; you know what i mean.

Dru said:

no... your choice was between, a) Stupid TV, or b) read a book/ go for a walk/bike etc; drink; have sex; write a poem; see "Gangs of New York and oogle sexy movie stars (Diaz, hotcha!!!!!!); break a window; hug a tree; fake a UFO sighting; sign up in the US army; experience Buddhic oneness with the cosmos; spray online; do laundry; make dinner; phone your friends to tell em you love em cause you might die this weekend; training in the gym; philosophical debates; taking a night course; robbing a bank; learning to juggle; hunting giant squid in a bathysphere; dressing up as a Goth; learning Cantonese; saving a whale; building a robot; killing vermin snaf.gif; winning the Nobel peace prize; selling used cars; living on the street; translating Etruscan; playing Scrabble; playing poker; blowing your brains out with a shotgun; waxing your bikini line; astral voyaging; smoking a fat blunt; baking a cake; brewing a keg of home made beer; silently screaming cause no one can hear you; redefining the definition of speed; stealing cars and joyriding; quitting it all and moving to montana to raise prize stallions; you know what i mean.

This and the comments of the not-such-a-very-bad-person Glacierdawg are just beautiful. The Doctor heard of a monk once who had either predicted the coming of or referred to the reality of TV as the devil coming to your house in a box, his horns atop your house. Nice. Exorcise your home and de-demonize your life, lest you drown in the diabolical deluge of dumbed-down drivel.

Up the written word! Pick up an alternative news weekly, get a subscription to your fav'rite periodical, get a library card, bounce around the dictionary, read everything from every author you ever liked, browse a catalog, grab a sample copy of 'Cat Fancy' from the supermarket. Drink deeply; it's good for you.