PUB CLUB TUESEDAY 2-18

Dave_Schuldt

If you go to a bowling alley, look out for this guy, he is a legend:

albinopic.jpg

The story is as follows:

"The legend began on a crisp October night in 1974, at a small 12-lane alley just outside of Roundlake, Illinois. League night was winding down and, as usual, some of the guys decided to stick around and roll a few games for money. About midway through the first game, the doors swung wide open and a pale figure with a bowling bag stood in the doorway. He walked in slowly, pointed at lanes nine and ten, then sat down to change his shoes.

The locals' games had all but stopped as they gazed at him with curiosity and amusement. They noticed that just above the stranger's breast pocket was a hand-stitched name: Dick. Paying no mind to their low murmurs and stifled laughter, Dick put a brace around his wrist and pulled a gleaming white bowling ball from his bag. He squinted at the lane for a few seconds, then took a slow steady approach and sent the ball speeding toward the pins. The ball rumbled out toward the ten board, drowning out the whispers and chuckles, then slammed back into the pocket with a thunderous crash. As the pins lay scattered, some still spinning from the force, Dick turned back toward the ball return, nodded and smiled.

And then he was gone. Before the other bowlers could ask him to join their league he vanished out the door and into the night. Those who were there that night never forgot what they witnessed, and many people have since claimed to have seen his thick sideburns, steely pink eyes and gleaming white ball in some small bowling alley, in some small town on some memorable evening."

The "Albino Bowler", as he has come to be known, left such an impact that he is now an action figure:

dickfigure.jpg

It's good to keep one around just for inspiration.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pub Club annex tonight! at the Deschutes Brewery, 1044NW Bond Street, Bend, OREGON. Several Seattle ne'er do wells will be in evidence at the Deschutes brew pub tonight in preparation for three days of test driving next years Telemark and xc gear at Mount Bachelor . Look for long haired fool in blue glasses.

I wasn't that impressed with the Deschutes Brewery last time I was there. Lets get back to reality.It sounds like we should either go to the Zoo or the Alki this week. If someone is really down with the bowling alley thing then do some research. When are the league nights? etc...

Where shall we drink?The ZooThe Alki

Figure it out while I go kill some trees.

hikerwa said:

I am always partial to the Alki, It's been a while since I've been to one of these shindigs, but I would be tempted to go if it were here. I love the Zoo too, but parking sucks....Plus 75 cent burgers for you carnivores out there!

See Ya later.

If Dave "Dingleberry swallower" Schuldt cant ride his bike there he wont show boxing_smiley.gifcry.gif

I walked into Alki Tavern at 7 pm and saw no one there that I knew. The place reeked like a cesspool and looked like one. Every patron was smoking. The music was so loud you'd have to shout to carry on a conversation. I spun on my heel and left without waiting for anyone to show up. I'll never go back to that dive. I don't care if they gave away free microbrew.

Dave_Schuldt said:

It's better in the summer when they have the doors open. Is the roof still covered with a blue tarp?

I didn't notice a blue tarp, but it was dark. It was really hot inside in addition to being smelly and loud.

There was a huge Seattle PD van in the parking lot across the street. A paddy wagon? Since I didn't see any climbers, I figured they had all been arrested already.

I ate 3 hamburgers. Yes it was smokey, but we don't need to start that one again. There was a hottie in leather that came in on her harley, but lo she was not a CC'er.

My favorite part was when some folks left for a safety check it sort of cleared our area out a bit, so this couple was like "is someone sitting here" I said "yeah, thats why all the glasses are there" and they said "all of these seats?" as if I was makin' it up just to be a jerk. Then everyone came back plus some and they were trapped by a bunch of crass climbers. Ha ha.

cheeburga_ron.gifcheeburga_ron.gifcheeburga_ron.gif