Where to go in the PNW?

sosure

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trask! Im floored! shocked.gif That was soooo nice of ya! smile.gif

I would recommend getting some books on the PNW and pinpoint the few areas you want to visit. Also, be more specific as to what you want to do (alpine, sport ,trad, hiking, etc) so people can give you better ideas.

The folks here have always been helpful while planning my trips out there. Hope you have success as well!

(oh, I see now you put some specifics...5.11

I've two weeks I'd like to spend in the PNW this August (15-30). Any recommendations for climbing (to 5.11).

Thanks,

SoSure

Girth Pillar of Mt stuart. If I could climb 5.11 I'd go for it... Plenty of climbing here.. ... Depends on what you are looking for too. There are alpine routes, sport, trad and major choss routes for those people...

Dont mind trask he's my bud boxing_smiley.gif being more specific in what you are looking for will help.

That depends on what kind of climbing you are looking for. The PNW has alot of everything though. I would definetly visit leavenworth, Smith if you like sport, and squamish isn't bad if you can make it up that far. There are lots of mountain routes and of course some of the best alpine routes anywhere here that you'll be in prime season to get on.

I would recommend doing a search of this site for older threads about "best routes," "favorite climbs," etc. You'll find some real peach routes whatever your poison is.

Oh, and we like HCL.gif and lots of bigdrink.gif up here but watch out for the killer snaf.gif

Good luck

Granted Smith is HOT in August. But it's not so bad if you want to climb trad in the Gorge and are willing to chase the shade. It's way less crowded there to smile.gif

We took our family vacation at Leavenworth last July or August. We had so much fun And met Figger 8 at one of the bars in town there:) The climbing and hiking were GREAT.The weather was perfect.

HAVE FUN bigdrink.gif

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

Wow, what an opportunity. You might think of going to Leavenworth and getting a permit to go into the Enchantments while you are there....though they are hard to come by. I think you need to apply around the 1 of March, and if you don't get one, they lottery a few every day at the Ranger Station. It's really a remarkable place, and there is a lot of rock and plenty of peaks too. It would be climbing in a really spectacular alpine setting.

Enchantments permit info