• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
olyclimber

current song in your head

Good point on it being a collection. Love having all of those songs in one place, meshing perfectly. My older brother showed me Lonesome Crowded West when I was in middle school, years after it came out. It blew my mind and was very much a gateway to a lot of great artists for me.

i was in a VW bus, headed up into the mountains past Pendleton, or the flat land past Boise, with my friends and the bus loaded with mountain bikes headed for Moab with big open skies ahead

after flying down blasting down Porcupine  Rim,  drinking cold water out of Matrimony Springs 

post climbing hanging out along the Wenatchee in the canyon, drinking beer and throwing rocks in the water with my newb hands all scratched to fuck

hanging out under the bridge just before you got into Index drinking a 4 Loko after hangdogging my way up Davis Holland with Jeff who climbed it in his usual good style

Love these evocative descriptions of listening to these excellent tunes! 

Benny and the Jets. Mostly as it's playing at this moment and Ivan would sing it over and over when we were out playing at Tower rock when we were doing that. 

BENNNNYYYYY!!! BENNNNYYYYY!!! BENNNNYYYYYYYY and the jeeeeeetttts !!! DA DUM, DA DUM. 

I've had Graham Bonnet of Rainbow "Since You've Been Gone" rolling around for a while now.