Pub Club 1/28

Dave_Schuldt

Catbird-

It has been nearly a year since we've been to the Eastside. Find an interesting place over there and then drum up some support so that some Eastsider's can be expected to show up. Hint: sports bars and fern bars have generally not been popular with this group.

Spanker speculated there has got to be some old-school Chinese restaurant with a bar in the back that might have some charm to it.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not nearly a year but closer to 5 months since we had it at the wanna be irish bar in (Celtic Bayou) redmond. It was an ok place to go since smoking was only allowed outside. Which is fine for me and seemed ok for everyone else.

It's just the factor of getting people to show up that is important.

Not nearly a year but closer to 5 months since we had it at the wanna be irish bar in (Celtic Bayou) redmond. It was an ok place to go since smoking was only allowed outside. Which is fine for me and seemed ok for everyone else.

It's just the factor of getting people to show up that is important.

I'll show...name the place. I'm outta town next two weeks.

The Bellevue, Kirkland, and Redmond areas in general don't have the bar atmosphere as of those in Seattle. Don't know about Issaquah. The Mustard Seed in Crossroads is alright, not sure if people would like the 8th St but they have good cheap food.

I thought music and low smoke were some definite plusses. The bartender was fairly friendly, as well. If we went back, all we'd need to do for the later arrivals is figure out (in advance) where to go "after hours."

It's possible if I spoke with the manager, we could get beer in pitchers. Guess we could move to the O&T later. Who showed up after I left at 10:00?

Jon -

Good cheap food is a definite plus. How's the staff at the Mustard Seed?

The staff have teeth. I'm not sure if they have servers, but the place is pretty big and lots of pool tables. Never eaten there. Only problem is that is pretty deep in Bellevue.

8th street is pretty big and has lots of pool, a good drink selection, and the food is good and cheap, but can get a little stuffy at times but probably not a worry on Tue night.