Beer & the Rope-up

Terminal_Gravity

i'm in vancouver, wa and get out of school at 3...i could pick it up, but understandably there'll be little of it left if i can eventually find the part-ay

somebody pm me if they want my assitance, otherwise i'll just drink the fruit's of another's labor

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't hauling a keg over state lines a violation of some law (bootlegging)? If so, I might be talked into doing it myself as I have experience in matters of this nature. A buddy and I hauled a keg to Zion where the mere posession of a keg--never mind from whence it came--is against the law.

I have access to a tap as well as living within two miles of Produce Row. If someone wants to carpool I could probably join you folks. I drive a 4runner (gas pig).

Aaawww b-rock, you don't know how bad I want to go. I just got back from the mile high city and did nothing but sweet lines and great climbs. Unfortunately, I have a charity fundraiser on Saturday that I can not get out of..believe me, I've been trying for the last 2 weeks. I gotta stay local this weekend, I think John, my son and I are gonna head up to french's mellon sometime on Sunday.

My distributor is about a 1/4 mile from Produce row. Let me know who'll pick it up & I'll call you with directions and PM contact info.

Also, it seemed like at first Stout was the flavor of choice but somebody needs to make a decision on that or IPA. Let me know.

[ 10-16-2002, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: Terminal Gravity ]

Rob, thanks, was wondering that, they look about the same on the miles. Still working out some plans, but shooting to head up and come back early Sunday, if no one else steps up on the keg I can bring it, would need a tap. Rob, interested in carpool? I could drive, but most likely not climb Sunday.

Steve, the rope up is a once a year gig, you can climb any time no? No pressure, have a good climb!

JKruger, I am not living in Pdx any longer, guess Anna neglected sharing that info. Looking forward to seeing you guys!! [Cool]

Everybody likes beer (don't they?), and I gotta say (in advance) thanks to TG, but let's try not to let this get out of hand. We don't have a group campsite this year, and we will have neighbors in the campground who may think we have too many cars, make too much noise, or whatever. Lets all have fun, but try not to make ourselves a target for Larry the Tool or the County Sherif. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

quote:

Originally posted by mattp:

Everybody likes beer (don't they?), and I gotta say (in advance) thanks to TG, but let's try not to let this get out of hand. We don't have a group campsite this year, and we will have neighbors in the campground who may think we have too many cars, make too much noise, or whatever. Lets all have fun, but try not to make ourselves a target for Larry the Tool or the County Sherif. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Claymore mines and a 24-hour guard!!! [big Grin] Is someone designated to "reserve" a bunch of campsites all in a row? This might help the situation.

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

How about a "closed for cleaning" sign at the entrance?

That'd be nice. But the reality is that we will probably be sharing the campground with some families with small children and early bed times, others who just want to be able to hear the wind passing through the pines, and maybe a group of hellions who are even worse than us. We may exceed allowable campsite numbers, and there are any number of reasons somebody could take offense at a large gathering. Who is going to go talk to the man when he shows up with his video cam and search light?

quote:

Originally posted by mattp:

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

How about a "closed for cleaning" sign at the entrance?

That'd be nice. But the reality is that we will probably be sharing the campground with some families with small children and early bed times, others who just want to be able to hear the wind passing through the pines, and maybe a group of hellions who are even worse than us. We may exceed allowable campsite numbers, and there are any number of reasons somebody could take offense at a large gathering. Who is going to go talk to the man when he shows up with his video cam and search light?

i think it is dave parkers turn to talk to the man.........

Yeah! That's right!! You can camp at Colchuck Lake or Snow Lake or Lake Vivianne whereever without a damn permit! I guess it'd be pretty difficult to lug that keg up to one of those places though [Frown] .

So in all this noise, it's getting difficult to find out exactly which campground is going to be the mob/riot/bust/puke/grovel scene? Could someone help me out here?