CLIMBING FRIENDSHIP

shahid

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no peaks in the world higher than Denali. All those Himalayan peaks are fake, made up in a vast right wing conspiracy to...Oh wait, that doesn't make sense either. Damn!

Welcome, Shahid. Do you really know what you're getting into joining this site? If you're the real deal, you may be our first member from Pakistan. To this, I hoist a tall one: bigdrink.gif

one of the reasons i like climbing so much is b/c climbers are largely an apolitical lot...the joy of climbing is international, and all climbers part of an international brotherhood (well, i guess the ladies can join too....)...my favorite person to climb w/ is a guy named aarash, from iran (and how wierd is it to meet a hardcore iranian climber at some shitty crag in virginia?) a nicer, more jovial, totally uncocky despite great talent kinda guy you could never meet. i may onlyunderstand ever other word he says (and he maybe 1 word out of 10 i say (a good thing for him)), but for some reason climbing w/ him makes me feel like a kid again, the peaks higher and the wilderness more friendly.

now what can we do for the great pakistani nation? feel like trading k2 for mt. rainier? maybe we could throw baker in to sweeten the deal?

hi friends,

I am in climbing/mountaineering for 10 years.I climbed upto 21,000feet in winter.I want to make friends for exchange of information.

Welcome Shahid, in what sort of information are you interested? Most of the route information posted here is of local nature. Are you considering a visit, perhaps? Some of our forums may be of interest internationally, for example those on fitness, equipment, techniques, etc.

Be forewarned, there is a lot of nonsense you will have to wade through here. I hope you have a light heart and a good sense of humor.