Erden's story on King 5

Rodchester

Sorry you're right I didn't read that. I've filtered out your posts and thus can't read them.

So are you saying he won't make it across the ocean? You're so negative man.

Yeah whatever jackass.

I never said anything but what I said. If you did not read anything I didnt write then it probably is not there is it? What a concept. smirk.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cpt - take a look at the links below. With enough vitamin-C, I should be able to find my way across with a complete set of teeth...

Erden.

-----------------

Ocean Rowing Society: http://www.oceanrowing.com,

Goals.com: http://www.goals.com

Mick Bird's Pacific Crossing: http://www.goals.com/transrow/index.htm

Sound Rowers Open Water Rowing and Paddling Club: http://www.soundrowers.org/

I am considering biking to Aconcagua and back in case we cannot acquire the boat in time. If I want to be near Aconcagua to meet the team in Jan 2005, then that will impose departure deadlines on me, our options will depend on the funds at hand at given deadlines.

By then, the approach by bicycle will have been tried and tested, and I will be able to rely on my gear. With two summits done, perhaps it will be easier to raise the funds for the boat and beyond.

Erden.

Hey Erden,

I think you should bike to Aconcagua via Pan AMerican Highway and then continue down to Patagonia and head over to Antractica and tick Vinson. That way, you can say you biked the enitre Pan-American Highway as well! (Except the small part between Nome, AK and Denali. Most folks I met who were doing this down there had been at it from anywhere from 1-3 years. Some obviously taking more time than others. Just be careful to skip Colombia and take the ferry around to Venezuala.

all I have to say is good luck, safety and note I wish I could undertake just one such journey in life some day. Though we've met once briefly I can only view the successes you achieve through "I Met that dude once! and then ...." style stories.

(my fuck off to chuck's dumb comments that implied otherwise)

I saw something on the tube recently about a woman rowing across the atlantic. She video taped the trip as she was rowing and once, during a really bad storm, she even taped her good-byes to her family and friends. Unfortunately she didn't make it all the way.

I wish I could undertake just one such journey in life some day.

We will have to get together one day and talk about this, I am sure that there are many life journeys to be had out there!

Though we've met once briefly I can only view the successes you achieve through "I Met that dude once! and then ...." style stories.

You are a good man, Cpt. We can do better than that, and have you become part of the journey. Come to Seattle REI on Feb 1 to send me off on my journey. Come shake my hand and wish me luck. Look me in the eye and tell me that you will undertake just one such journey in your life some day.

(Tentative) plan is that I would be in front of the REI from 9:00 am until 9:30 am at which time the wheels would start rolling. I will confirm this with a follow up posting.

Erden.