Kicking Terrorist ass. Pacifists don't watch.

allthumbs

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post Trask! While I generally don't like watching fellow humans die, I feel nothing for those bastards in our crosshairs. Anyone who is even a little timid about seeing such things should just remember the 9/11 images of Americans jumping to their deaths from 80 floors up.

The only thing that bothered me about the c-130 video was that the air crew seemed overly obsessed with avoiding damage to the mosque and did not seem to have carte' blanche to fire-at-will. They seemed to be requesting permission from elsewhere to proceed to subsequent targets. Am I wrong?

Uncle Tricky,

Had you been there at the time you might be qualified to make a statement regarding the incident in which US air assets were attacked by multi barrelled AA gun which was using a wedding party as a shield. The Afghans have long used this tactic to generate unfavorable media coverage.The Soviets documented many incidents of this type. Read Artyom Borovik.

However, you aren't qualified because you were sitting on your ass at Microsoft being overpaid and overfed.

Hey Mike, I assume you are talking about Borovik's Hidden War? Interesting book--I borrowed it from my gramps last year when it became clear we were going to depose the Taliban. But I'm always looking for some good book suggestions. You've probably read History of Warfare by Keegan? Just and Unjust Wars (Walzer) is another ok book. While the guy can get a bit wordy, the historical examples he uses are interesting.

PS. I thought ya'll would appreciate the truth of the cartoon I posted on the guns and skiing thread?

Uncle Tricky,

I'll check those out.

The only books Z is reading these days are FM 90-10 and FM 7-8. Military Operations in Urban Terrain and the Infantry Rifle Platoon. For light reading, Delta Force by Charlie Beckwith.