What do guys want for x-mas?

ChrisT

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A ricer looks like a giant garlic press, and is used to press spuds and other stuff. I think the name comes from the size of pieces that drop out.

I dig the Q for cooking meat also, but it's not always convenient to brave the weather (I don't have a covered porch on my hovel). If you've got an iron skillet, just try it. Use a bit of safflower oil on the meat after you've put on salt and fresh pepper. I actually saw this method on Food Network show "Good Eats" on my sister's TV last month. It works great.

If it was me, I'd want a box of these:

December 19, 2002 - Wireless Flash

Novelty Creator Fights Gold-Diggers With New Invention

LOS ANGELES (Wireless Flash) -- A novelty toy inventor is stopping gold-digging women in their tracks with a new invention.

L.A.-based Richard Adams created and sells the so-called ATM-ITATIONS which are fake ATM receipts imprinted with a large bank balance that men casually let women see to impress them.

Adams says he got the idea while listening to syndicated radio host Tom Leykis who had a caller say he gives women his phone number written on ATM receipts he pulls out of the trash.

An intelligent woman will catch on to the gag because the receipts are printed with the bank name First National Bank and Savings -- or F.N.B.S. -- and have the bank balance of $314,159.26 -- the first eight digits of Pi.

Adams says if the women fall for a guy based on his bank account then they get what they deserve.

He sells his ATM-ITATIONS on his website pullmyfinger.com

While a good knife is indispensable, a steel to keep its edge is absolutely necessary for anybody who's serious about cooking. Splurge and get the bigger one if you have a choice. While some are partial to Henkel Four Star knives, my own bias is towards Wusthof Trident Classic (I have a mix of both.)

As for other non kitchen related things...

- 2 way FRS radios (walkie talkies) I saw a super cheapie set for $20 a pair at Comp USA.

- Chaco sandals. they kick Teva's ass.

- Sox.... sounds like a hint for Smart Wool

- Good Tools!! Hardwicks in the U district is a stealth hardware store with some of the best high end German and Japanese tools you can find.

- Homebrew Kit

Hmmm... I wish you were shopping for me

DFA will second or third or fifteenth the suggestion for fine cutlery. In fact, Dr. Flash Amazing just purchased a Henckels 5-star 8" Chef's knife and 4" parer for his mom, both of which were wicked on sale at Meier und Frank (got the two for less than the original cost of the chef's blade -- choice deal!). And one of them electric sharpeners to go with it is nice, too. One of the kitchens DFA used to work in had one of those, and it was great to be able to run it through the sharpener real quick so your knife was always shaveable-sharp.

And then there's always the joy of fine audio:

Perhaps the Arcam DiVA CD92:

CD92_s.jpg

Paired with the fabulous DiVA A85 integrated amplifier:

a85.jpg

And a pair of the acclaimed Meadowlark Ospreys to round it all out:

osprey1small.jpg

Yummy! cheeburga_ron.gifbigdrink.gif

Bring on the tunes!

rockband.gif

LOS ANGELES (Wireless Flash) -- A novelty toy inventor is stopping gold-digging women in their tracks with a new invention.

L.A.-based Richard Adams created and sells the so-called ATM-ITATIONS which are fake ATM receipts imprinted with a large bank balance that men casually let women see to impress them.

Adams says he got the idea while listening to syndicated radio host Tom Leykis who had a caller say he gives women his phone number written on ATM receipts he pulls out of the trash.

An intelligent woman will catch on to the gag because the receipts are printed with the bank name First National Bank and Savings -- or F.N.B.S. -- and have the bank balance of $314,159.26 -- the first eight digits of Pi.

Adams says if the women fall for a guy based on his bank account then they get what they deserve.

Women would never be that shallow.. I'm very suprised at this Veggie. I might just have to get rid of my Trask - Director of Casting business cards and try the old ATM receipt trick. evils3d.gif

uh a guy who is a cook would LOVE anything by this cook/writer: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0812065484/qid=1040356279/sr=8-3/ref=sr_8_3/103-8294097-8182262?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

she rocks! her stories along with grate ( he loves his spelling) ((and hopes to piss off _blank))recipes make for a good read/lifestyle.All men that REALLLY cook want a real mortar an' pestle. You gottta go to some kinda asian/indian/indiana market to get the real stuff. Make sure it can hold at least 2 cups in the thing and its made o' stone.

later