Bub Club 12/10

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! I want one of those action figures!! I'll put it up next to my Lara Croft (the one where shes in a wetsuit with a spear gun)

re: to girlfriends climbing... isn't it usually fine as long as she will belay you as long as you want, never climb "better" than you, unless you need a ropegun, never slows 'the team' down, never complains about being cold, wet, scared, etc... offers up her armpits for your frozen hands, BUT will always wait till hers warm up before touching you with them...

grin.gif

oh, I almost forgot... never minds when you go off for the weekends to climb with the guys, AND is always there in a pinch ready to go, with gear already packed when everyone else bails on the trip...

I've seen plenty of women climb hard. First one that comes to mind is hollyclimber. She climbed el crap 2 times now and done some cool alpine routes including NR stuart (gendarme) forbidden (behind my friend bruce and i) and other cool stuff. cool.gif

I got a woman and she climbs well too. Climbed a nice 5.9 finger crack with me this year cool.gif The only complaints are that she might get on my case when the climbing is tough but it's all over when she's on the ground or the belay bigdrink.gif

Not sure how it works. I just heard a thing on the radio that the local tv station was doing a story on REI offering singles-only trips/hookups now. Gotta be worse than a Mounty outing, for sure.

I like that my wife doesn't climb. It's my time and my thing, and that works for us. Plus, I can embelish and sound more manly when I say I free-soloed Class 4.

re: to girlfriends climbing... isn't it usually fine as long as she will belay you as long as you want, never climb "better" than you, unless you need a ropegun, never slows 'the team' down, never complains about being cold, wet, scared, etc... offers up her armpits for your frozen hands, BUT will always wait till hers warm up before touching you with them...

You forgot:

Is a mega-hottie, making all my dirtbag climber-dude friends jealous *and* totally enamoured of me: She isn't going fall for any of said dirtbag climber-dudes.

But that's just speculation. What would a guy who just had his 11th wedding anniversary know?

grin.gif