Snohomish

rob

So, I'm thinking of moving back to Snohomish for a while. Long story short: I happen to own a house there, and I can save a lot of money by living there vs. Capitol Hill where I live now (but don't own).

Anyway, is anything cool happening up there? The last time I was in the Snohomish / Everett area, it was pretty dead. Have things picked up there?

Any of you yahoos live in that neck of the woods? I'd need new drinking buddies

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Downtown Snohomish has a few newer restaurants and small batch distillery that's been open for a couple of years. Snohomish Bicycles on the corner of First and Ave C have an unpretentious staff and do some group rides around the area. I don't know if you're into the multi-use paved trails but they've also recently completed the Centennial Trail from Skagit County all the way down to Second Street next to McDaniel's Hardware. Personally, I prefer Snohomish over Capitol Hill any day, especially if I had youngsters YMMV.

Everett is still...Everett.

Snohomish County: All the traffic of a major metropolitan clusterfuck with none of the culture.

Actually, the traffic's way worse than if you live in the city proper, where you can walk/bike/bus/Car2Go to just about any place you want to get to.

You're a poster child Urbanite now. Trust this small town boy's opinion here: There's no going back without dying a slow, spiritual death. If you were a country-mouse at heart, it'd be s different story.

Lose the house in Sno and figure out how to buy here. You, of all people, need to be here.

If you decide otherwise, TGI Friday's and the Buzz Inn are still going strong.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

So, I'm thinking of moving back to Snohomish for a while. Long story short: I happen to own a house there, and I can save a lot of money by living there vs. Capitol Hill where I live now (but don't own).

Anyway, is anything cool happening up there? The last time I was in the Snohomish / Everett area, it was pretty dead. Have things picked up there?

Any of you yahoos live in that neck of the woods? I'd need new drinking buddies

You are doomed

spray aside, what do you want in your neighborhood?

I really enjoy being 15 minutes from index, 45 minutes from stevens pass and 90 minutes from leavenworth. being within striking dsistance of snoq pass is not a benefit when deciding between the two passes. but being closer to rainier would be nice.

Comparing hwy2 traffic to seattle traffic is a joke.

Nothing has prolly changed so I think you already have all the info you need to decide on which place to live.

I really enjoy being 15 minutes from index, 45 minutes from stevens pass and 90 minutes from leavenworth.

Yeah, that's why I bought the place, originally. But now I don't climb. Whoops! Shoulda thought that through, I guess.

Rob, you just need to find the beauty in it. Still your mind, and take a journey to the within. Discover how wonderful the cracks in a the sidewalk are, how the earth smells and crumbles in your hand. Learn to love again, and take time to smell a flower now and again. Snohomish can be your Shangri-La.

Lose the house in Sno and figure out how to buy here.

The only way I can lose that house would basically preclude me from purchasing anything else for at least 7 years :/

Have you looked into a HARP refi (recently)? They seem to be a lot easier to get now than a few years ago.

The only way I can lose that house would basically preclude me from purchasing anything else for at least 7 years :/

Have you looked into a HARP refi (recently)? They seem to be a lot easier to get now than a few years ago.

Sure....for primary residences. Doh!

Last I heard, they added rental homes but I don't know the details. Worth looking into if it has been a while since you've done so... I'm doing one now for my house and it has been pretty easy to qualify, so far, anyway.

just finished a harp refi for a rental property. I think it added around .4% to the rate for a investment property.

Edited by genepires