State of integrity,

It will surely help us along.

The most endangered species,

The honest man,

Will still survive annihilation.

Forming a world

State of integrity,

Sensitive, open and strong.

Wave after wave will flow with the tide, and bury the world as it does.

Tide after tide will flow and recede, leaving life to go on as it was...

Metallica, Metallica, Metallica.

And Tori Amos.

I have a split personality. Sue me.

i love that my little daughter can sing all of "hello mr zebra" - now if only she can learn the piano part...

She should learn to sing "Winter" since its about her dad and mittens and a bunch of weird shit about horses. Right up your alley Ivan. And Tori often plays two pianos facing each other while she sits in between. We would all need good luck with that.

I have never seen Metallica in concert. Its on my bucket list before their hair gets even shorter.

One last suggestion: Blue October's "Hate Me" should be the theme song for some threads.

Key lyric: "Hate me for all the things I didn't do for you".

Edited by matt_warfield

Back on track. Some "cheesy" lyrics for you Vanya, and in honor of I 502:

Our first stop is in Bogota

To check the Colombian fields

The natives smile and pass along

A sample of their yield

Sweet Jamaican pipe dreams

Golden Acapulco nights

Then Morocco, and the East,

Fly by morning light

We're on the train to Bangkok

Aboard the Thailand Express

We'll hit the stops along the way

We only stop for the best

Wreathed in smoke in Lebanon

We burn the midnight oil

The fragrance of Afghanistan

Rewards a long day's toil

Pulling into Katmandu

Smoke rings fill the air

Perfumed by a Nepal night

The Express gets you there

We're on the train to Bangkok

Aboard the Thailand Express

We'll hit the stops along the way

We only stop for the best

And Tori Amos.

One of the best shows I saw was Metallica on the Ride the Lightning Tour opening at Day on the Green in the Oakland Coliseum.

saw them 2 times: first time during the "metal up your ass" tour (lineup with Burton and Mustaine) and then "black" tour. I think things went downhill and never saw them again. Saw Motorhead in Buffalo NY, insane show!

If it wasn't for Rush, Squamish would have 10% less sport climbs since Jim Sandford wouldn't have been able to name anything.

As far as I know, Eurasian Eyes is because of his spouse, Pulse is because he lost feeling in his hands on the FA, and Driven was because it required so much effort to bump another letter grade.

Rush to my knowledge had nothing to do with those three, but there may be others.

Edited by matt_warfield

If it wasn't for Rush, Squamish would have 10% less sport climbs since Jim Sandford wouldn't have been able to name anything.

As far as I know, Eurasian Eyes is because of his spouse, Pulse is because he lost feeling in his hands on the FA, and Driven was because it required so much effort to bump another letter grade.

Rush to my knowledge had nothing to do with those three, but there may be others.

Pulse is actually the Pink Floyd Division Bell live tour and the direct start to Division Bell. Losing feeling in the hands was probably secondary.

As for the Rush route names what do Fly By Night, A Show of Hands, Permanent Waves and Caress of Steel (to name four JS routes) all have in common?

And Tori Amos.

One of the best shows I saw was Metallica on the Ride the Lightning Tour opening at Day on the Green in the Oakland Coliseum.

saw them 2 times: first time during the "metal up your ass" tour (lineup with Burton and Mustaine) and then "black" tour. I think things went downhill and never saw them again. Saw Motorhead in Buffalo NY, insane show!

Yes things did go downhill as far as creativity but their legacy is intact and I don't care if they do anything new ever again.

As long as my pulse increases with "Enter Sandman" or ACDCs "Hells Bells" or Accept's "Balls to the Wall" I will know I am still alive and that politics and the flu are irrelevant at the moment. Oh, let's add Dio "Holy Diver".

Edited by matt_warfield

I also saw them on Master of Puppets (opening for Ozzy I think) and the Black Album (I don't remember who opened). I wouldn't mind seeing them now at least for the bassist - the dude is really good.

Pulse is actually the Pink Floyd Division Bell live tour and the direct start to Division Bell. Losing feeling in the hands was probably secondary.

As for the Rush route names what do Fly By Night, A Show of Hands, Permanent Waves and Caress of Steel (to name four JS routes) all have in common?

those are all album titles although one was a live album

His wife?