Medical marijuana grower busts - an ongoing saga

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I've noticed hippies have gotten a lot more angry. They're almost just like every other white trash demographic. Dumb (why can't money be free???), gullible (911 was an inside job), and the support extreme politics (go Ron Paul!)

I wonder why? Most hippies I know are actually quite close-minded. Were they always like that?

My upbringing was about as far from Hippydom as possible, but it seems like much of the various Hippy movements, from communes to Burning Man, are essentially self focused. Free Love was about getting laid without commitment, the current MJ Angry Hippy movement is about driving stoned without consequences.

I've met some awesome folks who could definitely be categorized as Hippies who go against this selfish grain - folks who have helped build their own communities, self sufficient houses for their families, etc.

What we're talking about here are Dirty Hippies. These folks, like their Teabagger antipodes, have an open contempt for society, and the people who make up that society, as it really exists.

Put them in any society, however communal or personal responsibilityized or whatev, even one of their very own design, and they're still just plain ole dysfunctional pricks.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

So will it be legal to gift marijuana to people (free of charge) or will the law consider that distributing? The I-502 text kind of makes it sound like that, the way they define "Delivery" and "distribution", I would technically need a license to buy pot for somebody and hand it to them, even if no payment between the two of us occurred?

I know it's a corner case law enforcement is unlikely to care about, but I'm just curious if going to the pot store for a friend is technically illegal?

I'm guessing there already is a precedent set irt to this scenario and alcohol. Just curious.

"(ii) The bona fide gift of a controlled substance, legend drug, or

imitation controlled substance shall not result in the forfeiture of

real property;"

and

"(iii) The possession of marijuana shall not result in the

forfeiture of real property unless the marijuana is possessed for

commercial purposes that are unlawful under Washington state law".

Ie, you can have MJ in your possession - and your friend can have it in his/her possession, too, for non-commercial purposes without state involvement. The state doesn't keep track of how non-commercial possession flows. That's kind of the whole point.

Yeah, more Dirty Hippy bullshit. Of course you can give it away. This was one of the more outrageously stupid claims, among many, by the anti 502 community. The other popular one involved being busted for pot you smoked yesterday or last month. Um...no. Active THC doesn't work that way.

You just can't grow it and give it away unless:

a) You're a designated (no biz license reqd) med MJ provider

b) You have a commercial grower's license or

c) You live in CO, where 6 plants for personal use will now be legal.

MY guess is that small time home grows will be a very low law enforcement priority, but that is only personal speculation, nothing more.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

"(ii) The bona fide gift of a controlled substance, legend drug, or

imitation controlled substance shall not result in the forfeiture of

real property;"

Sweet, thanks. I searched the text of the law before asking but I guess I didn't try hard enough. Maybe I should just keep you on retainer.

My feelings after 502 passage are kind of interesting, to me at least. Half of me is hopeful for a better future, free of this fucking War on Black Kids, and half of me thinks the feds will be careerist tools who will continue to not give two shits about the will of the people or the democratic process.

The feds have been such utter assholes re drugs for so many decades now, it's hard to imagine them saying "Oh, OK. We were wrong."

But, then again, DADT and DOMA are pretty much DOA, so it's possible.

Encouraging, but Obama never stated the feds wouldn't go after WA and CO. He said it wouldn't make sense to make it a priority. There's a huge gap between these two statements.

I'll wait for Holder to come out with his plan before celebrating. He hasn't exactly been a pot friendly AG lately. In the past two years his DOJ has really stepped up raids against the med MJ community.

In the end, that clusterfuck of a Congress, TeaMorons included, will have to reschedule pot for this all to go away.

I do think we'll see several more states legalize sooner than later. That should shove the issue closer to Congress's front burner. Of course, this is the same Congress that can't even perform its most basic duty of coming up with a budget we're talking about. Not the most 'data driven' or 'democratically minded' group.

I'd wager a bunch of Teamorons will have to get deep sixed for non performance (merit based society!) before any rescheduling effort is successful - 4+ years from now at the earliest. Hope I'm wrong in a good way.

Yeah, also Obama seemed to be referring to recreational users, not distributors and suppliers - which is key. The whole point is to get this shit out of the black market and if the feds do something retarded like ignore possession but go after suppliers, then little will change regarding the strength and vitality of the black market and all of the bad things that brings.