Coexist

akhalteke

Alan West-

“Because as I was driving up here today, I saw that bumper sticker that absolutely incenses me. It’s not the Obama bumper sticker. But it’s the bumper sticker that says, ‘Co-exist.’ And it has all the little religious symbols on it. And the reason why I get upset, and every time I see one of those bumper stickers, I look at the person inside that is driving. Because that person represents something that would give away our country. Would give away who we are, our rights and freedoms and liberties because they are afraid to stand up and confront that which is the antithesis, anathema of who we are. The liberties that we want to enjoy.”

Discuss

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i always thought co-existing was one of those fundamental principles of democracy, so goddamn basic that the bumper-sticker seems relentlessly corny...i give my boy mike buckets of shit for his.

My premise is essentially that I abhor those that have the bumper sticker AND those who loose their shit over them. One is a pretentious fuck and the other an ignorant troglodyte.

i always thought co-existing was one of those fundamental principles of democracy, so goddamn basic that the bumper-sticker seems relentlessly corny...i give my boy mike buckets of shit for his.

My premise is essentially that I abhor those that have the bumper sticker AND those who loose their shit over them. One is a pretentious fuck and the other an ignorant troglodyte.

It's an annoyance - "let's wish away people's profoundly different belief systems and human nature to squabble with each other over anything"

pretty much sums it up. people should start taking more fuckitol.

pretty much sums it up. people should start taking more fuckitol.

Great advice, fuckitol cured me! :)

we should definitely learn to live with intolerant fundamentalist religious zealouts

and if only they could be more like rich educated white people

AMERICA! FUCK YEAH! COMIN' TO SAVE THE MOTHERFUCKING DAY YEAH!

Many of the string pullers in these fundamentalist organizations (Osama Bin Laden included) are simply rich educated brown people.

I dunno Ivan, does the e=mc2 at the end of this one qualify for atheists?

Tolerance.jpg

I guess I'm kinda with Akhalteke on this, the bumper sticker seems a little precious, but its hardly work getting worked up about what a threat to America it is.

I'm guessing the quote came from Allen West, Republican congressman and certifed asshat, unless you mean Alan West, the former lead singer for Bolt Thrower, the sadly defunct British death metal band...

I dunno Ivan, does the e=mc2 at the end of this one qualify for atheists?

Tolerance.jpg

I guess I'm kinda with Akhalteke on this, the bumper sticker seems a little precious, but its hardly work getting worked up about what a threat to America it is.

I'm guessing the quote came from Allen West, Republican congressman and certifed asshat, unless you mean Alan West, the former lead singer for Bolt Thrower, the sadly defunct British death metal band...

adam west vs allen west - sigh...any joke requiring explanation is double-plus unfunny already :( in it's defense, it seemed funny enough after the first bottle of wine...

"tolerance" is a bumper sticker i can dig much more - basically, i don't like imperatives, and "co-exist" seems like a fucking order which i want to refuse on grounds of simple stubbornness :) tolerance, by contrast, is a mere noun, and thus easier to take or leave w/o offense (even "imagine whirled peas" pisses me off for this aforementioned reason) :P

e=mc2 seems a poor choice for atheism given einstein's "god does not play at dice" shenanigans, no? :)

i gave up on bumper stickers after my all-time favorite "don't blame me, i voted for jeff davis" sticker finally gave up the ghost :grin: