US-Led Iran Sanctions.

kevbone

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you suggesting that we cave on sanctions because the Iranian government wants a bomb more than they want Pharmaceuticals?

From your link inc. misspellings:

"The sweeping US-led economic sanctions being imposed on Iran are blocking necessary pharmaceuticals and medical treatment for Iran’s sick and infirm, in what appears to be a cruel for of collective punishment that deliberately puts innocent lives at risk."

Let me see, Iran just hosted the 120 nation non-aligned countries in Iran, including the UN chair and they forgot to ask anyone for these critical medicines? What genocide? You want to see real genocide, let them have a few bombs. They hate "zionists" (ie, jews in Israel), and want them all to just swim peacefully into the med. Won't happen. The pacifistic Jews in Europe were generally killed, and what is left are more warriors as a percentage who don't feel that some asswipes can just kill them just because they feel like it for no reason. If someone has to die, it won't be them.

Ron Paul would do nothing. Go Ron Paul!

Yeah, I mean it's none of our business if a country that has held our citizens hostage and sworn to destroy us and our friends appears to be building nuclear weapons and hiding it from us and the rest of the United Nations (of which it is a member).

:rolleyes:

Yeah, I mean it's none of our business if a country that has held our citizens hostage and sworn to destroy us and our friends appears to be building nuclear weapons and hiding it from us and the rest of the United Nations (of which it is a member).

we didn't help the situation by overthrowing their constitutional goverment when they threatened to nationalize the oil industry and imposed an autocratic tyrant instead :)

it's hard not to see a little bit of self-interestedness too in nuke-enabled countries like the usa and israel demanding that no one else be able to stand up to them in the most raw form of military power.

one of my earliest and best climbing partners is iranian, and he thinks his government is a bunch of mean clowns that need to go away, but he's a patriot too and would not take kindly to attacks on his homeland from the outside - the logic that we need to fear a nuke-equipped iran, even though we and our allies could destroy them many hundreds of times over regardless of how many they built, seems too reminscent of iraq and the weapons of mass distraction thing...

we didn't help the situation by overthrowing their constitutional goverment when they threatened to nationalize the oil industry and imposed an autocratic tyrant instead :)

it's hard not to see a little bit of self-interestedness too in nuke-enabled countries like the usa and israel demanding that no one else be able to stand up to them in the most raw form of military power.

one of my earliest and best climbing partners is iranian, and he thinks his government is a bunch of mean clowns that need to go away, but he's a patriot too and would not take kindly to attacks on his homeland from the outside - the logic that we need to fear a nuke-equipped iran, even though we and our allies could destroy them many hundreds of times over regardless of how many they built, seems too reminscent of iraq and the weapons of mass distraction thing...

Agreed. But that kinda statement isn't as likely to rile anybody up now, is it?

[video:youtube]

Boom boom, out go the lights. 1:40 in. Like that only faster. No lives lost, no lights no power no mo. Boom boom, out go the lights. October they say. I've got an ounce of gold bet on it happening before end of year. Something new is about to hit.....soon. In Iran. The battlefield is moving into the realm of the ephemeral non-corporeal via Jewish drive, smarts and fear. Lights go out. Everything stops. Magic. No "genocide" bone.

Pay the man. I called it a year and a half back.