USFS and user trails

Eric_L_Moon

In my new Access Notes is an article discussing how a prime concern ofthe FS in the NW is user built trails. Mt Persing (Persis), and several others were cited as examples. It was further noted that if trail degradation occurs, then closeures would ensue.

Are user trails a prime concern?, or are they a prime concern of threatened buearocrats worried about their personal fiefdoms?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to hike up the South Fork Cascade River trail a couple weeks ago and found that the access road had been converted into a nature trail [Wazzup] I can't imagine alot of people hiking this as a nature trail and in fact there were no cars parked there other than my own. My guess is that the upper part of this trail as well as the Middle Fork CCR trail are going to return to nature. Access to the Kindy Ridge trail also required a 2 mile road hike due to some problem w/ the road, but I don't think it is a USFS road. I think alot of it is trying to control access to certain areas by limiting the trails to them.