• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
ivan

sauce is the yard-stick of civilization

discuss.

italy, france, china = sauces aplenty = civilized

somalia, sudan, syria = not so much?

:)

discuss.

You need to get out of the house more, the horn of Africa, despite otherwise being a shithole in many respects, has some amazing sauces on foods. Syria....sauces...uhhh.....

good hashish that they get from Lebanon? (ie, blond Lebanese! Woot!)

..nevermind...LOL

ketchup pretty well sums it up, at least as a product of that which is unique to us - our usurpation of every unction the earth has to offer a testimony to our brilliance? :)

We've stolen a lot of foods and done OK, but the Vietnamese have stolen *cough** borrowed* some (French, Chinese are the 2) and absolutely mastered them. Wow!

You need to get out of the house more, the horn of Africa, despite otherwise being a shithole in many respects, has some amazing sauces on foods. Syria....sauces...uhhh.....

..nevermind...LOL

my intense period of google-fu led me to believe the skinnies only succumbed to the influence of the eye-talians :)

okay, fine - somalias can be civilized - i recall somethign about them thare swahilis of yore setting up shop in-country anyhow - but what of the san? the sioux, firfuksakes? :)

as for syria, closest i've done was lebanese n' morrocan, and can't recall much beyond the need for a bath-towel for want of a fork :P

who would dare accuse the australians of being accoutered w/ rarefied, civilized sauces?

We've stolen a lot of foods and done OK, but the Vietnamese have stolen *cough** borrowed* some (French, Chinese are the 2) and absolutely mastered them. Wow!

Finally something I can agree with bill on. World cuisines ranked in order of perfection:

West Coast Mexican (Nayarit through Oaxaca)

Tuscan

Vietnamese

Everything else

Finally something I can agree with bill on. World cuisines ranked in order of perfection:

West Coast Mexican (Nayarit through Oaxaca)

Tuscan

Vietnamese

Everything else

seems to support my theory generally - the longer you've existed as a cohesive people w/ yer shit wired-tight, the more you've to contribute by way of tasty toppings for otherwise bland foods?

discuss.

Don't forget Japan.

Depends on what kinda "sauce" you are referring to...

Scotland: scotch

France: cognac, armagnac, calvados

Greece: ouzo, metaxa

US: bourbon

Russia: vodka

Mexico: tequila

:-)

If sauce is the yardstick of civilization the I think Thailand is off the friggin' scale!

rooster2.jpg

If sauce is the yardstick of civilization the I think Thailand is off the friggin' scale!

Two words: fish sauce.

It's the only substance on earth that smells more like fecal matter than actual turds do.

Ethiopian food is quite saucy. But, where do they fit on your civilization scale? Fuck all, that's where.

Ethiopian food is quite saucy. But, where do they fit on your civilization scale? Fuck all, that's where.

dunno - they got capitals and kings n' organized religions, the common hoof-marks of civilization n' history.

dunno - they got capitals and kings n' organized religions, the common hoof-marks of civilization n' history.

and the Ark of the Covenant too!

Don't hear a lot from the millitant Seattle vegans on this one.

I am a huge fan asian sauces but its hard for me to pass up good (not store-baught) barbecue sauce.

Let the Eastern WA hick jokes roll.

Edited by Buckshot

and the Ark of the Covenant too!

i thought it was in some unmarked box in a goverment warehouse?

rooster2.jpg

Hate to disappoint you guys but that stuff in made in California.