• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

discuss.

italy, france, china = sauces aplenty = civilized

somalia, sudan, syria = not so much?

:)

You need to get out of the house more, the horn of Africa, despite otherwise being a shithole in many respects, has some amazing sauces on foods. Syria....sauces...uhhh.....

good hashish that they get from Lebanon? (ie, blond Lebanese! Woot!)

..nevermind...LOL

You need to get out of the house more, the horn of Africa, despite otherwise being a shithole in many respects, has some amazing sauces on foods. Syria....sauces...uhhh.....

..nevermind...LOL

my intense period of google-fu led me to believe the skinnies only succumbed to the influence of the eye-talians :)

okay, fine - somalias can be civilized - i recall somethign about them thare swahilis of yore setting up shop in-country anyhow - but what of the san? the sioux, firfuksakes? :)

as for syria, closest i've done was lebanese n' morrocan, and can't recall much beyond the need for a bath-towel for want of a fork :P

We've stolen a lot of foods and done OK, but the Vietnamese have stolen *cough** borrowed* some (French, Chinese are the 2) and absolutely mastered them. Wow!

Finally something I can agree with bill on. World cuisines ranked in order of perfection:

West Coast Mexican (Nayarit through Oaxaca)

Tuscan

Vietnamese

Everything else

We've stolen a lot of foods and done OK, but the Vietnamese have stolen *cough** borrowed* some (French, Chinese are the 2) and absolutely mastered them. Wow!

Finally something I can agree with bill on. World cuisines ranked in order of perfection:

West Coast Mexican (Nayarit through Oaxaca)

Tuscan

Vietnamese

Everything else

seems to support my theory generally - the longer you've existed as a cohesive people w/ yer shit wired-tight, the more you've to contribute by way of tasty toppings for otherwise bland foods?

Ethiopian food is quite saucy. But, where do they fit on your civilization scale? Fuck all, that's where.

dunno - they got capitals and kings n' organized religions, the common hoof-marks of civilization n' history.

and the Ark of the Covenant too!

i thought it was in some unmarked box in a goverment warehouse?