What to do when you have a problem here

jon

It seems like now might be a good time to remind everyone what they should do when they have a problem with a post, a poster, a thread topic, or how things are handled here.

First, what not to do.

• Start a thread about the problem. This just escalates the problem. There is no proactive outcome to this.
  • Insult the moderators. You are less likely to get your desired outcome since they are the ones who have powers to resolve the issue.
  • Create a "anonymous" user account to voice your issue. If you don't want your identity to be known either contact an admin in confidence or send us an anonymous message using the contact us link.

Now, what you should do.

• Report threads you feel are detrimental to cc.com and your experience here.
  • Contact the moderator for the appropriate forum with your issue or concern.
  • If you do not feel you issue or concern is not being addressed by the moderator or is bigger then a moderator issue, either contact the admins (Porter or mysel) via PM or using the Contact Us link. We deal with you issue in confidence.

We work very hard to keep this thing running, we are not perfect, we don't have perfect mechanisms for dealing with things, we are generally short on time and do not read everything posted, and as a team we have different views on how to handle things.

Peace out.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen up:

1) yeah let the debate begin about whether or not I'll actually climb (i don't, but there are rumors)

2) French is fine. I have a minor in French and still have to drag it out of the cobwebs several times a year. i like it. and i like KKKKKK and sobo too so lets have group hug.

3) the rest of y'all behave so there's no moderation

4)Kurt - i'm slightly offended you quoted me re: spam but no thumbs up about my return to spray *sigh& :cry:

Men in Back

WTF? With all the french that you and 5K are slinging back and forth one would think you'd want to be the Lucky Pierre in that one!

You also said something about Minx being back meaning the Shit will be coming down. Does that mean you'll be getting a Cleveland Steamer from her?