Very powerful.

kevbone

Yeah, Bone. Good question. All the libtards here, including myself, are obviously going to vote Obama (OMG, OUR SECRET IS OUT...NOW BONE CAN MAKE FUN OF US!)

QPQ...who ya gonna vote for if Paul's out of the running, Bone?

I will write him in and sleep well that night.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Bone. Good question. All the libtards here, including myself, are obviously going to vote Obama (OMG, OUR SECRET IS OUT...NOW BONE CAN MAKE FUN OF US!)

So you can overlook his Republican, pro corporate & anti environment agenda just because he's an isolationist? Sad.

if you dont mind throwing your vote away, why have you refused to look at any third party candidates? There are plenty of small party and write in candidates who are anti war but not anti environment. But you already said in another thread that you aren't capable of seeking any third party candidates out for yourself, and would require me to list them. Pathetic. :(

So you can overlook his Republican, pro corporate & anti environment agenda just because he's an isolationist? Sad.

if you dont mind throwing your vote away, why have you refused to look at any third party candidates? There are plenty of small party and write in candidates who are anti war but not anti environment. But you already said in another thread that you aren't capable of seeking any third party candidates out for yourself, and would require me to list them. Pathetic. :(

Why does it bother you so much, Rob? Give me a break. Oregon will go to Obama. So will WA. It's not how boner votes that matters one iota!

C'mon Bill if it is Paul vs. Barry, you'll vote for Paul?

Yes I will Steven, but Paul will be washed out soon in either case. To be president you have to lick big business and banking sac to get elected, otherwise, the goon squad will spread lies and disinformation on you. That's where this is at now, and I'd expect it to increase as it gets closer.

Why does it bother you so much, Rob?

Because I think Ron Paul is about the worst possible thing for our country, and i'd like to believe kevbone isn't criminally retarded, but as yet he has failed to even simply acknowledge any failings of the man. Its a devotion that resembles religious fervor, devoid of reason, and I just wanted to give the bone the benefit of the doubt, and a chance to clarify his positions, because I couldn't imagine he was sincerely that misguided. Clearly, I misjudged him!

It is bizarre to me that some people seem unable to see what is placed before them. Its like Ron Paul fans are bewitched! And bill, bones natural companion in lunacy, is convinced reports of Paul's anti-environmentalism is just "misinformation."

I dunno, I guess it just upsets mr to know that people this retarded actually exist. I'm used to people responding to truth and logic.

Because I think Ron Paul is about the worst possible thing for our country, and i'd like to believe kevbone isn't criminally retarded, but as yet he has failed to even simply acknowledge any failings of the man. Its a devotion that resembles religious fervor, devoid of reason, and I just wanted to give the bone the benefit of the doubt, and a chance to clarify his positions, because I couldn't imagine he was sincerely that misguided. Clearly, I misjudged him!

It is bizarre to me that some people seem unable to see what is placed before them. Its like Ron Paul fans are bewitched! And bill, bones natural companion in lunacy, is convinced reports of Paul's anti-environmentalism is just "misinformation."

I dunno, I guess it just upsets mr to know that people this retarded actually exist. I'm used to people responding to truth and logic.

All I know is I cannot in clear conscious vote for Obama again. I was duped. It is clear to me know that he is just an extension of big spending and big business. So are all the other repub candidates. They all talk a big game but can they walk the walk?

Rob....I will not vote for the lesser of two evils again....I WONT DO IT.

Ron Paul seems to be only candidate who is willing to throw the ring into mt doom. All the others are just slobbing for a chance to hold it.

I am not retarded. I will rest easy at night and sleep good knowing I did not just throw my vote away to another almighty spending junkie.

One other reason Rob is Paul will hold all of congress to their Constitutional oath of office. Where NO other president will. That in itself is huge with me. The government should be afraid of the people....not the other way around.

You think you are free because you can choose to go to Burger King or McDonald's? Or drive between states without papers. You will be free when you can tell your government no.

Rob, I suspect we both want what we feel are best for this country. All of these guys have huge failings in my eyes, certainly Paul and Obama as well. But what are the critical issues for our country going forward? I'd think that strong financials are critical. Respect for the constitution is near the top as well.

Those are mine.

What I've found with Paul is that there is a lot of disinformation spread. If you google anything you have claimed, there is plenty of point/counterpoint you can read. The info is out there waist deep or deeper if you wish to go read it. Much like reading and believing everything one sees on Fox news, I'd suggest that you pull up what the man has said instead, from his mouth, or what he has actually voted on - instead of reading and believing the filtered things you see. You want to think someone is racist due to a newsletter that was written and edited by others had some untoward comments? Go read the comments directly, read what Paul has said.

Or not.

I have, don't believe Ron Paul is racist. Sorry. You might have forgotten that very charge was levied against Obama as well, ie. that Barack was a racist. Plenty of out of context things HE had said and done in that case were pitched by others to support that conclusion, in that case it was not what someone else had written like in Pauls case, but what Obama had said and done himself. I didn't believe that either.

What are the important issues for our country? That we have expensive costs with military in 128 countries and a global expansionist policy abroad and creeping totalitarian control against citizens at home? I'll vote against that.

Regards to you and yours Rob.

All I know is I cannot in clear conscious vote for Obama again. I was duped. It is clear to me know that he is just an extension of big spending and big business. So are all the other repub candidates. They all talk a big game but can they walk the walk?

Rob....I will not vote for the lesser of two evils again....I WONT DO IT.

Ron Paul seems to be only candidate who is willing to throw the ring into mt doom. All the others are just slobbing for a chance to hold it.

I am not retarded. I will rest easy at night and sleep good knowing I did not just throw my vote away to another almighty spending junkie.

But you already HAVE been duped, because Ron Paul IS one of the evils. Ron Paul has appealed to your pacifism in order to finish the GOP's agenda, and done it so effectively that you are actually convinced that repealing all environmental regulation is a good thing. Mt. Doom??? Im sorry, but you ARE a retard. I always hoped maybe you were just simple and misguided, but you truly are a tool of the establishment, and clearly easy to decieve. I feel bad for you. take care of yourself, and dont vote too often.

Which vote do you say makes him unsuitable Rob?

http://www.issues2000.org/Ron_Paul.htm

Voting record on environment:

Recycling consumes more energy than it saves. (Apr 2011)

Neglected property rights during the industrial revolution. (Jan 2008)

Property rights are the foundation of all rights. (Sep 2007)

Scored 14% on Humane Society Scorecard on animal protection. (Jan 2007)

Voted NO on $2 billion more for Cash for Clunkers program. (Jul 2009)

Voted NO on protecting free-roaming horses and burros. (Jul 2009)

Voted NO on environmental education grants for outdoor experiences. (Sep 2008)

Voted NO on $9.7B for Amtrak improvements and operation thru 2013. (Jun 2008)

Voted NO on increasing AMTRAK funding by adding $214M to $900M. (Jun 2006)

Voted YES on barring website promoting Yucca Mountain nuclear waste dump. (May 2006)

Voted NO on speeding up approval of forest thinning projects. (Nov 2003)

Rated 5% by the LCV, indicating anti-environment votes. (Dec 2003)

Give tax breaks for start-up farms for 10-year commitment. (Jan 2008)

Make tax deduction permanent for conservation easements. (Mar 2009)

Repeal requirements for compact fluorescent bulbs. (Jan 2011)

Recycling consumes more energy than it saves

The green movement has brought about all kinds of changes in the way we live. Some of the changes are not necessarily bad, but the good changes and conservation could have come without all the programs that actually have a negative economic and environmental impact. Certainly, recycling for the most part consumes more energy that it saves. Recycling aluminum makes economic sense, but that would happen even without the demand to recycle everything from paper to glass and plastic.

Source: Liberty Defined, by Rep. Ron Paul, p.140 , Apr 19, 2011

Neglected property rights during the industrial revolution

Q: Schwarzenegger has proposed that California be allowed to implement much tougher environmental regulations on emission requirements than apply to the rest of the country. Do you side with the governor or with the Bush administration?

A: Yes, California should do what they want. When we’re dealing with the environment and greenhouse gases, [it’s] property rights. We neglected during the industrial revolution property rights, and governments and big corporations got together and colluded.

Source: 2008 Republican debate at Reagan Library in Simi Valley , Jan 30, 2008

Property rights are the foundation of all rights

We must stop special interests from violating property rights and literally driving families from their homes, farms and ranches. We also face another danger in regulatory takings: Through excess regulation, governments deprive property owners of significant value and use of their properties--all without paying “just compensation.”

Property rights are the foundation of all rights in a free society. Without the right to own a printing press, for example, freedom of the press becomes meaningless

Source: 2008 House campaign website, www.ronpaul2008.com, “Issues” , Sep 1, 2007

Scored 14% on Humane Society Scorecard on animal protection

The Humane Society 109th Congress Scorecard on animal protection scored Paul 14 out of 100, based on:

Paul voted against the Horse Slaughter Prevention Act (HR.503): To bar slaughtering horses for human consumption.

Paul voted for the “poison pill” Amendment delaying implementation of HR.503.

Paul did not vote on the BLM amendment on 5/19/2005: To bar slaughtering wild horses & burros.

Paul voted against the Pets Evacuation and Transportation Standards (PETS) Act (HR.3858): To consider the needs of people with pets and service animals in disaster planning.

Paul did not co-sponsor the Animal Fighting Prohibition Act (S.382): To criminalize dogfighting & cockfighting.

Paul did not co-sponsor the Downed Animal Protection Act (HR.3931): to ban “downed” (unable to walk to slaughter) cattle, pigs & sheep in human food.

Paul did not sign the Funding Letter of 4/28/2006, to the Agriculture Appropriations Subcommittee for animal protection.

Source: Humane Society 109th Congress Scorecard, www.fund.org , Jan 31, 2007

Voted NO on $2 billion more for Cash for Clunkers program.

Congressional Summary:Emergency supplemental appropriations of $2 billion for the Consumer Assistance to Recycle and Save (CARS) Program.

Proponent's argument to vote Yes:Rep. OBEY (D, WI-7): The cash for clunkers program has proven even more wildly popular than its strongest supporters had predicted. Just last month, Congress passed the program, which provided up to $4,500 if you trade in your old gas guzzler for a new car that gets better mileage. That was done in the hopes of spurring some new car sales and encouraging people to be a little more environmentally friendly. We provided $1 billion in the supplemental to get it going, enough for about 250,000 sales--which was just about exhausted in one week. This bill transfers $2 billion from the Department of Energy's Innovative Technology Loan Guarantee program, which doesn't expect to award funding until late next year.

Opponent's argument to vote No:Rep. LEWIS (R, CA-41): In the majority's haste to slam legislation with no time for consideration or amendments, we are now seeing the effects of such shortsighted martial law tactics.

Senator Feinstein tried to negotiate some changes to improve the program but was told that it was this way or the highway. Not one hearing on the Cash for Clunkers program, not one hearing on how the first billion dollars has been spent, not one hearing on how much money the program will need to get through the fiscal year.

Many of my colleagues will say, This is a great program, and it is necessary for the revitalization of the car industry. I'm not really going to argue with those goals. However, are we sure this program is working like it's supposed to? I don't think so. This program has only been up and running 1 week. If that is how the government is going to handle billion-dollar programs affecting all Americans, I ask, Whatever will we do if the administration takes control of our health care system?

Reference: Cash for Clunkers bill; Bill H.R. 3435 ; vote number 2009-H682 on Jul 31, 2009

Voted NO on protecting free-roaming horses and burros.

Congressional Summary:

Ensure that acreage available for wild and free-roaming horses and burros is at least equal to the acreage where they were found in 1971

update the inventory of such horses and burros annually

maintain a thriving natural ecological balance on lands where such horses and burros are found

establish sanctuaries for such horses and burros

research and implement enhanced fertility control for mares & stallions.

Proponent's argument to vote Yes:Rep. NICK RAHALL (D, WV-3): Earlier this year, the BLM made a truly shocking announcement. This Federal agency announced future plans to destroy, i.e., slaughter, 30,000 healthy wild horses and burros entrusted to their care by the American people. How in the world can a Federal agency be considering massive slaughter of animals the law says they are supposed to be protecting? The bill before us gives the agency as many options as possible to avoid destroying these animals.

Opponent's argument to vote No:Rep. DOC HASTINGS (R, WA-4): Across our Nation, Americans are struggling to pay their bills; 9.5% of Americans are out of work. With this backdrop, what is the response of this Democrat Congress to record unemployment and skyrocketing deficits? Their response is to create a $700 million welfare program for wild horses and burros. If the American people want an illustration of just how out of touch this Congress has become on spending, they need to look no further. In the last Congress, the House passed legislation to ban the commercial slaughter of wild horses and burros, that cost taxpayers less than $500,000 a year. Now we're looking at a bill that, again, bans slaughter of these animals but then proceeds to spend $700 million to create a new welfare program for wild horses. Republicans are focused on creating the jobs in this country, but this Democrat Congress seems to be more worried about wild burros and wild horses.

Reference: Restore Our American Mustangs Act; Bill H.R.1018 ; vote number 2009-H577 on Jul 17, 2009

Voted NO on environmental education grants for outdoor experiences.

Congressional Summary:

Requires Environmental Education and Training program grantees to:

ensure that environmental education programs and curricula advance the teaching of interdisciplinary courses that include strong field components;

bring teachers into contact with working environmental professionals;

encourage individuals traditionally underrepresented in environmental careers

Proponent's argument to vote Yes:Rep. JOHN SARBANES (D, MD-3): This bill creates a new National Capacity Environmental Education grant program for which education associations apply competitively for grants that would fund model programs that get children into nature and really have them experiencing the environment.

Rep. BUCK McKEON (R, CA-25): This bill incorporates scientifically-based and technology-driven teaching methods into environmental education. Unfortunately, the new National Capacity Environmental Education Program is duplicative of the existing environmental education program already being run by the EPA. Still, I do not intend to oppose its passage.

Opponent's argument to vote No:Rep. MICHELE BACHMANN (R, MN-6): H.R. 3036 continues our Nation down the ill-fated road of shifting control of school curricula away from the parents and teachers and local school boards who best know what their children need into the hands of Federal Government and its one-size-fits-all approach. To best serve our children's educational needs, local school boards need flexibility to target resources where they are needed most. The needs of individual school districts are not homogenous and are most certainly not best understood by bureaucrats in Washington. This bill represents a step in the wrong direction. Forcing local school districts to direct scarce resources away from core curricula to serve a political agenda will only further suppress the academic performance of America's next generation.

Reference: No Child Left Inside Act; Bill H.R.3036 ; vote number 2008-H614 on Sep 18, 2008

Voted NO on $9.7B for Amtrak improvements and operation thru 2013.

Congressional Summary:

Authorizes appropriations for FY2009-FY2013 for Amtrak capital and operating grants; Amtrak repayment of long-term debt and capital leases; and the rail cooperative research program.

Authorizes grants for th Indeed, these achievements are occurring when there is a greater need than ever for alternatives to our congested highways and skies. To alleviate this congestion and strengthen our energy security, we need to invest in intercity passenger rail.

Other

Reference: Passenger Rail Investment and Improvement Act; Bill HR6003 ; vote number 2008-400 on Jun 11, 2008

Voted NO on increasing AMTRAK funding by adding $214M to $900M.

Voting YES on this amendment would restore $214 million in funding for AMTRAK, bringing the total annual expenditure for AMTRAK to $1.114 billion. The chairman of the Railroad Subcommittee explained the increase as follows:

Unlike aviation, highways and transit, there is no dedicated funding for investing in our Nation's passenger rail service. This amendment restores $214 million to the Amtrak account, taking it to $1.114 billion, which is still about $300 million less than we had during the course of last year's discussion.

Last year the President sent up a budget of zero for Amtrak. We had an amendment process that we went through this time. This time we are up to $900 million in the bill [without this amendment].

But if you look at that $900 million, there is only $500 million for capital expenditures, out of which has to come a debt service of $280 million, which only leaves $220 million for the capital needs of this country for Amtrak, for passenger rail.

There is nothing for operation, and I know that the response to that is going to be that there are some incentive grants in the bill.

Opponents of the amendment say that it would increase funding for Amtrak by gutting and eliminating critical programs, including safety programs, resulting in reductions in force at several agencies.

Reference: Department of Transportation appropriations; Bill HR 5576 Amendment 1008 ; vote number 2006-263 on Jun 13, 2006

Voted YES on barring website promoting Yucca Mountain nuclear waste dump.

An amendment to prohibit funding the "Yucca Mountain Youth Zone" website. Voting YES indicates opposition to using Yucca Mountain as the national nuclear waste repository. The amendment's sponsor says:

I would like to introduce the American people to the newest member of the Bush administration's energy policy team. His name is Yucca Mountain Johnny. He is the star of the Energy Department's Yucca Mountain Youth Zone Web site devoted to brainwashing school children into believing that burying the Nation's nuclear garbage 90 miles from Los Vegas is safe.

The Web site features games and activities to make high level nuclear waste fun. High level nuclear waste is not fun. It is dangerous, and the Department of Energy should not be using taxpayer money for a propaganda tool.

I would probably not be as upset with Joe Camel, excuse me, Yucca Mountain Johnny, if there was a more balanced approach on this Web site. It doesn't talk about the potential of accidents or being an inviting target for terrorists. It doesn't talk about the fact that Yucca Mountain is in a volcanic and seismic zone area. It doesn't say anything about the existence of safer and cheaper alternatives.

Among Yucca Mountain Johnny's witty sayings, he says, "The worst mistake is never making one." Well, Yucca Mountain is a mistake. This Web site is a mistake. Yucca Mountain Johnny is a mistake, and to promote the proposed nuclear waste repository to our children under the guise of education is a big mistake.

The amendment's opponents respond:

To my knowledge, nobody has questioned the accuracy or truth of what is on the Web site. My guess is that most of the children that access this website use it for term papers and papers in their classrooms that they have to do on nuclear power.

Whether you oppose or support the repository, we should at least want the facts out to our children and adults who wish to use that same Web site about just what exactly it is.

Reference: Energy and water development appropriations bill; Bill HR 5427 Amendment 919 ; vote number 2006-200 on May 24, 2006

Voted NO on speeding up approval of forest thinning projects.

Vote to adopt the conference report on the bill that would reduce and expedite (speed up) environmental and judicial reviews of forest thinning projects. The bill would authorize $760 million a year from fiscal 2004 to fiscal 2008. The Bureau of Land Management and the US Forest Service would have the authorization to remove vegetation that could cause or assist the spread of wildfires, disease or insect infestation. All forest thinning project would come after public meetings had been held. Forest thinning would be restricted to land that is within a 1.5 miles of at-risk communities , high-risk land that serves as a home for threatened and endangered species, high-risk land in the area of municipal water sources and and high-risk land that is specifically susceptible to disease or insect infestation.

Reference: Healthy Forests Restoration Act; Bill HR 1904 ; vote number 2003-656 on Nov 21, 2003

Rated 5% by the LCV, indicating anti-environment votes.

Paul scores 5% by the LCV on environmental issues

The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) is the political voice of the national environmental movement and the only organization devoted full-time to shaping a pro-environment Congress and White House. We run tough and effective campaigns to defeat anti-environment candidates, and support those leaders who stand up for a clean, healthy future for America. Through our National Environmental Scorecard and Presidential Report Card we hold Congress and the Administration accountable for their actions on the environment. Through regional offices, we build coalitions, promote grassroots power, and train the next generation of environmental leaders. The 2003 National Environmental Scorecard provides objective, factual information about the environmental voting records of all Members of the first session of the 108th Congress. This Scorecard represents the consensus of experts from 20 respected environmental and conservation organizations who selected the key votes on which Members of Congress should be graded. LCV scores votes on the most important issues of the year, including environmental health and safety protections, resource conservation, and spending for environmental programs. Scores are calculated by dividing the number of pro-environment votes by the total number of votes scored. The votes included in this Scorecard presented Members of Congress with a real choice on protecting the environment and help distinguish which legislators are working for environmental protection. Except in rare circumstances, the Scorecard excludes consensus action on the environment and issues on which no recorded votes occurred.

Source: LCV website 03n-LCV on Dec 31, 2003

Give tax breaks for start-up farms for 10-year commitment.

Paul co-sponsored giving tax breaks for start-up farms for 10-year commitment

This bill amends the Internal Revenue Code to exclude from gross income 100% of the gain, up to $500,000, from the sale of qualified farm property to a first-time farmer who certifies that such property will be used for farming purposes for 10 years.

Allows a 50% exclusion for the sale of qualified farm property to any other person who certifies that such property will be used for farming purposes for 10 years.

Allows a 25% exclusion for the sale of qualified farm property to any other person for any other use.

Defines "qualified farm property" as real estate which is used for farming purposes for a specified three-year period and in which there was participation by the taxpayer or the taxpayer's family.

Source: Beginning Farmers and Ranchers Act (H.R.5134) 08-HR5134 on Jan 23, 2008

Make tax deduction permanent for conservation easements.

Paul signed H.R.1831 & S.812

Amends the Internal Revenue Code to make permanent the tax deduction for charitable contributions by individuals and corporations of real property interests for conservation purposes. Known in the Senate as the Rural Heritage Conservation Extension Act of 2009.

Source: Conservation Easement Incentive Act 09-HR1831 on Mar 31, 2009

Repeal requirements for compact fluorescent bulbs.

Paul co-sponsored Better Use of Light Bulbs Act

Repeals provisions of the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 concerning lighting energy efficiency, including provisions that:

prescribe energy efficiency standards for general service incandescent lamps, rough service lamps, and other designated lamps;

direct the Secretary of Energy (DOE) to conduct an annual assessment of the market for general service lamps and compact fluorescent lamps;

carry out a proactive national program of consumer awareness, information, and education about lamp labels and energy-efficient lighting choices;

prohibit a manufacturer, distributor, retailer, or private labeler from distributing in commerce specified adapters for incandescent lamps;

carry out a lighting technology research and development program;

set forth minimum energy efficiency standards for incandescent reflector lamps;

set forth requirements for the use of energy efficient lighting fixtures and bulbs in public building construction, alteration, and acquisition; and

require metal halide lamp fixtures and energy efficiency labeling for designated consumer electronic products.

Provides that the Energy Policy and Conservation Act shall be applied and administered as if such provisions had not been enacted.

But you already HAVE been duped, because Ron Paul IS one of the evils. Ron Paul has appealed to your pacifism in order to finish the GOP's agenda, and done it so effectively that you are actually convinced that repealing all environmental regulation is a good thing. Mt. Doom??? Im sorry, but you ARE a retard. I always hoped maybe you were just simple and misguided, but you truly are a tool of the establishment, and clearly easy to decieve. I feel bad for you. take care of yourself, and dont vote too often.

I thought the Mt Doom comment was funny.....

I dont believe he will or will have the power to repeal all environmental regulation. I do think he wants it to be returned to the states. he is against the federal governments size.

And brother if you think the GOP and the Democrats have a different agenda then it is you that has been duped.

Hi bill. I already posted a list of his most recent votes I find objectionable; do try to keep up.

Additionally, I direct you towards the many statements he himself has made regarding his belief in "free market environmentalism" and his belief that the federal government should have nearly zero oversight over financial trading. Why dont you exercise your google muscles? They're readily available, since he is actively pursuing these platform issues. Wikipedia has links and references to this, also.

I agree with you, though: I dont think he's a racist, though it's a sad testament to krvbone's lack of research and critical thinking skills that he hadn't even heard of such allegations.

I agree with you, though: I dont think he's a racist, though it's a sad testament to krvbone's lack of research and critical thinking skills that he hadn't even heard of such allegations.

Where did you get the idea that I had not heard allegations that he is a racist? Its all over the web. How can anyone not know that?

He'll just tell them to follow the rules and play nice?

It might just be that simple.

If Paul wins the R nomination, then Obama will crush him.

If Paul runs as a 3rd party candidate, then Obama will win.

Supporting Paul is in effect supporting Obama. So, in the end, you are an Obama supporter, boner!

I will not be lead down that path. That is a manipulative way of thinking and one either party would want you to believe. i will vote my conscious and sleep good at night. End of story.

i always write in my candidate for president, as i've yet to live in a state where there was any doubt which flavor of coke or pepsi was going to win and figured i might as well Put the Pigs on Notice - i'm leaning towards "the rent is too damn high" party this coming year i reckon, even if homeboy doesn't throw his hat into the ring :)

The+Rent+Is+Too+Damn+High.jpg

If Paul wins the R nomination, then Obama will crush him.

I am not so sure anymore. Obama is pro-war and alot of folks are tired of all the spending.

can you be anti-war and be amerikkkan? jesus tap dancing christ, if bush could win in 2004 amidst the shit storm of iraq....