Fuck the Freshiez

texplorer

This is a word out to all you posers who are always talkin about "freshiez". I'm fucking tired of reading about it and seeing the damn webcam of the a groomed slope. For your info this is a climbing website about climbing. Climbing has very little to do with fresh powder or going downhill on some expensive hockeysticks. Climbing is about going up on something besides a lift. So here's two big fingers to the freshiez lovers.

[Moon]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I walk off hood Ian. I might consider skinnin up to get up to the hogsback or so but that is not the point. I don't care if people ski off mountains I just think its interesting that so many people spray about the "good powder" on a climbing website. Maybe they outta start a cascadedescenders.com website or something for that.

Balls, you skin the approach! More weight but biomechanically less energy in my opinion. I can beat my foot times to the saddle easily by skinning. You are from Eugene - the fun Sisters routes are all early season, but not so fun to approach w/o skis! [rockband]

quote:

Originally posted by texplorer:

Real mountain routes are too hard to be luggin up a pair of heavy skis on your back.

I hear they got lots of real mountain routes in Eugene.

Skis cut the approach AND descent time.

Err. . .I mean randonne is french for can't tele.

[ 10-30-2002, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: rbw1966 ]

I don't necessarily consider the skiing the end-all of why I'm out there but I definitely consider it a part of my mountain experience if it's a part of the trip. If there is good snow as a part of that experience you bet I'll get excited. You know most of the freshiez crap here is a troll in itself. At least I use it as bait. Who was it that was getting so ticked about it about a year ago?

I must disagree with Tex slightly (despite the fact that this will probably lead to a bullshit political move by Tex to get me disbarred from the Snafflehound Freedom Foundation). Reading all the posts about skiing, and gleaning what technical information I can, has given me a desire to get out and do some backcountry skiing this year. Snowshoes can only take one so far and I see some potential to see some cool shit in the winter time. Now if someone would just decide they HAVE to move to Hawaii or Jamaica and sell me their gear cheap [Wink] .

Greg W

quote:

Originally posted by texplorer:

I just think its interesting that so many people spray about the "good powder" on a climbing website.

congressional debates, two thousand years of chinese muir, coffee and donuts, snafflehounds, pub club, horsecock, guns, politics, cougars, al qaeda, drugs, religion, music, peanut butter, giant squids, tires, pooping at work, winona ryder, OJ, greenpeace, beer...

who the hell said this was a climbing web site?

[laf][laf][laf]

cheers,

[big Drink]