Greenpeace Pussies

allthumbs

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, those fuckin' tree huggers. How dare they want clear air to breathe and clean water to drink. What a bunch of pussies. Real men like Greg W like to drink polluted water and breathe noxious chemicals. Oh yeah, and guns are like 4 X 4 trucks; penis extenders.

quote:

Originally posted by danielpatricksmith:

Yeah, those fuckin' tree huggers. How dare they want clear air to breathe and clean water to drink. What a bunch of pussies. Real men like Greg W like to drink polluted water and breathe noxious chemicals. Oh yeah, and guns are like 4 X 4 trucks; penis extenders.

[laf][laf][laf][laf][laf][laf]

quote:

Puh-leaze. They don't want "clean air to breathe and clean water to drink..." They want to tell me I can't buy land out in the mountains, they want to tell me I can't hunt or eat meat or wear leather. They want to tell me what kind of car I can drive, where I can or can't live, and many other things. It's not so simple, daniel; I've seen you post more intelligently at other times. You can make fun of my guns, I don't care; should the situation arise, I'll make sure not to use them to protect you or your family. Deal?

I believe in RESPONSIBLE use and management; Greenpeace, PETA, Sierra Club, etc. do not. They just want their extreme views to be followed.

Hit me again, daniel, I can take it.

Greg W

I'm not sure it is fair to lump the seiarra club in there. they are the most moderate in that group of tree huggers. I would how ever include EARTH FIRST! they are a bunch of wakkos [Razz] Even in my verry hippi days they were tooo extreame for me. [Wink]

quote:

I believe in RESPONSIBLE use and management;

Would that be the same responsible management that has lead to the extinction of entire species, or the same responsible management that has allowed carcinogens such as PCBs and trichloroethelyne to enter drinking water aquifers?

If it were not for environmental activists bringing important issues to light, the legislation that helps protect drinking water and air quality would never have happened.

The government already tells you what kind of car you can drive or where you can or can't live and when and where you can hunt.

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

They want to tell me what kind of car I can drive

Considering how many commuters are out there driving around troop transports on the same 6 miles of highway each and every day in stop/go, I think there is a point when people clearly can't see what is a reasonable vehicle for commuting each day. I don't care about making it illegal to drive the beast, just tax the hell out of that kind of decision rather than provide light truck incentives for it.

quote:

The government already tells you what kind of car you can drive or where you can or can't live and when and where you can hunt.

If you've read any of my posts on this thread, you know that I'm not too jazzed about that, either. Daniel, I never said that current of past activities have been prime examples of "responsible management."

Muffy, I would disagree on the Sierra Club; they are the ones who believe that ALL people should live in severely-dense urban areas and abandon the "urban sprawl" areas and "country areas" so that the animals can re-habitate these areas.

Is "re-habitate" a word? It is now!!!

Greg W

quote:

Originally posted by iain:

quote:

They want to tell me what kind of car I can drive

Considering how many commuters are out there driving around troop transports on the same 6 miles of highway each and every day in stop/go, I think there is a point when people clearly can't see what is a reasonable vehicle for commuting each day. I don't care about making it illegal to drive the beast, just tax the hell out of that kind of decision rather than provide light truck incentives for it.

Iain, why should anyone be able to tell you what kind of car you "should" drive? What bullshit. Who is best able to tell Iain what it best for him? Answer: Iain. Think about it.

quote:

Iain, why should anyone be able to tell you what kind of car you "should" drive? What bullshit. Who is best able to tell Iain what it best for him? Answer: Iain. Think about it.

So if I feel like driving an M1 Abrams to work you wouldn't mind the damage to I-5 that you will be taxed for rebuilding?

quote:

quote:

So if I feel like driving an M1 Abrams to work you wouldn't mind the damage to I-5 that you will be taxed for rebuilding?

Hey, if that thing's street-legal I'd think about trading in the Chevy! [big Grin]

Nice way to dodge the true issue, Iain. Lame.

[ 10-23-2002, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: Greg W ]

I'm just extending the issue to the point of the ridiculous. Which is where it is rapidly heading when I see the new hummer h2 cruising the Nature's NW parking lot over here in Lake Oswego. Clearly some people have no responsiblity and I think the line has to be drawn. Damn now I sound like our stance on Iraq. Maybe GW isn't that bad! [laf][Wink]

quote:

quote:

Hey, if that thing's street-legal I'd think about trading in the Chevy!
[big Grin]

Nice way to dodge the true issue, Iain. Lame.[/QB]

not dodging the issue, he's just providing an admittedly exaggerated example of the typical selfish right wing view of "I'll do whatever the hell I want, regardless of the effect it has on others"

"So if I feel like driving an M1 Abrams to work you wouldn't mind the damage to I-5 that you will be taxed for rebuilding?"

Seems to me due to user fees like weight fees for heavy vehicles and fuel taxes that get more from low milage ones, as long as the rates are appropriate to cover the repairs, it's your choice since you are paying the costs.

quote:

Originally posted by greenfork:

not dodging the issue, he's just providing an admittedly exaggerated example of the typical selfish right wing view of "I'll do whatever the hell I want, regardless of the effect it has on others"

[Roll Eyes][sleep][sleep] These bullshit exaggerated examples ("ridiculous" in Iain's words) add nothing constructive to the discussion. This technique is designed to stump the other side, not encourage interchange. "Typical selfish right wing view..."; nice troll. You may think that being able to make my own decisions about my life is selfish, but I don't. How much of your personal freedom are you willing to subvert? You obviously believe that you should be supporting homeless people and that the government should be our nanny; I, however, do not.