Who Climbed What this Weekend?

Mr._Blister

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried the Northwest Arete of Mount Sir Donald this weekend. It didn't go, made it to 8600 feet. My partner wasn't feeling 100% and there was about 3-6 inches on snow. Wet snow on 2800 feet of 4th-5th class didn't seem like that much fun. But it was a nice outing, we didn't see anyone else except some hikers. Not bad for a '50 crowded climbs on north america'.

Nothing hardcore, just a mellow (if physically demanding) day on the std route on Sloan Peak. We were going to do the north ridge, but we were too tired, and it looked chossy. Anyone ever done the north ridge? Beckey's description is the opposite side of the ridge as where he has the route drawn (with a question mark).

The Sloan glacier is pretty spectacular for a little one.

Poor Mr. Blister. Check out the Outdoor Life Network for High Country Climber. That should provide some entertainment while watching the chllins. Climbed the East Buttress Direct of South Early Winters Spire on Saturday. Awesome route with great rock and good exposure. For a route that looks long it went pretty quickly. Many thanks to the Olympia climbers who gave my friend and I a ride from the Blue Lake trailhead back down to the hair pin.

I'm not Fat Kid. I'm Marty

Sent HOS at Riggins. Got on some projects that I bolted later. Sunday, went to the Riggins cave an got on Tractor Boy. Drove home. It was warm for Riggins. My partner split his pinky open on a sharp crimp due to the 70 degree heat.

Nice try, but we all know you are fat.

Went to E-38 for a day of clippin'. Checked out the Far Side to get away from the crowds. What an interesting pile of choss...

Some asshole backed into our car at the parking lot and drove away. Now my friend has a huge dent in her door. Why is it that assholes like that seem to frequent Exit-38?

I know I can be an asshole, but at least I admit to my mistakes. If you know who did it please rat them out!

Flush.gif

[This message has been edited by lambone (edited 08-27-2001).]

Please forgive me Mr. Blister..Ha...ha

Just trying to pound them out before the day comes when I'll be a desk monkey once again!

Bobinc - What did you think of NW Corner? Its one of my favorite routes at WA Pass. I thought it was neat going through the summit box and reading all of the notes from the hard men who have visited the spire. THe DEB of SEWS was really fun. In my humble opinion, I would say it ranks next in quality to the NW Corner. You might get a pleasent surprise in the approach gulley if you go for the route soon. Just make sure to bring a prussik or a T-Block ascender!

drove 7 hours, climbed schweitzer mountain on a bike with all my camera gear to shoot people that were racing... also climbed out of bed, slowly, after Saturday nights losing battle with Jagermeister and Red Bull. and photographed more people racing.... then drove 7 hours home.

whee.

Congrats to everyone who climbed some classic routes (DEB, West Face, NW Corner, E Ridge) this past weekend. I'm jealous....

We climbed Ingalls Peak, South Ridge. Simul-climbed it in 19 minutes. then napped on summit. A fine route, but awfully short climb for a relatively long approach. Great views of peaks in every direction, due to clear blue skies and not as much smoke as I expected. Actually carried Beckey's book up there and used it to identify peaks and routes, pretty fun way to spend an hour or so. Two friends of mine ran into Fred on the s ridge of ingalls a few weeks back, by the way...

Anyway, a medium day in the mountains is better than ANY day at home . . .

Hoping to get back up to the wash. pass area this weekend....

Shuksan via Fisher Chimneys. Awesome climb! The chimneys were clean of snow and Hells Hiway provided minor difficulties. There must have been 40 people on top!?!?! Some kind Mountaineers shared birthday cake with me next to the summit register!

I went camping this weekend at Newhalem. Spent Saturday climbing some of the sport routes there. Climbed a new 5.9, and a very cool 5.11a called Luna Park that completely flamed me out for the 17 bolt 5.10b Cold Beer In The River. Managed 2 of the 3 pitches before calling it quits. What a view!

Went bushwacking in the HNF seeking possible 1st ascents / new crag. After thrashing through nasty Devil's Club for too long, realized we could have been on an old logging path instead. Reached the crag, scoped about half the cliff line and not particularly encouraged by the looks of anything, picked a line. Ended up being 2 pitches, 5.8+ 1st pitch, 5.easy 2nd pitch with a clean offwidth line that should have been the second pitch instead of the line I climbed.Having left the 4.5 and 5 camalot in the truck I opted out of leading the 30ft of no-pro 5.9/5.10 vertical offwidth splitter. It looked great though, about a 5" to 9" crack on a clean, smooth wall. There were tons of loose blocks and lichen,moss,dirt but with alot of cleaning and trundling, the crag has potential, not sure how good, but definitely potential to yield alot of easy lines.

MattP, are you sure that one isn't in the book? I did something there more than ten years ago -- might have been East Buttress, though. Lots of Class 3 and 4 and at least one rappel required to link up the route. Even found some historic "crampons" fashioned from plywood and roofing nails.