I WANT TA BE FRED!!!

billcoe

Well, the world's half full of Walkers, so it's best to get used to it.

My immediate reptilian brain interpretation to the photo was that it made Fred look regal, which I thought was kind of cool considering the man and his attitude toward such nonsense.

I think the photographer might be a wee bit more clever than you realize, actually.

I get it, anyway, cuz I'm super smart, funny, and awesome.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh gawd, puhleeze, you're just so easy-going and irreverent. :rolleyes: What this has to do with sticks up anyone's asses is beyond me, when the basic premise of this thread is that a rather tasteless photo of a local hero is somehow clever ( it's sooo hard to get if you have a stick up your ass) and artistic. I'm willing to wager the things I find funny are far more irreverent, disgusting, and sexist than even you enjoy, but I don't pretend it has intellectual value.

Oh gawd, puhleeze, you're just so easy-going and irreverent. :rolleyes: What this has to do with sticks up anyone's asses is beyond me, when the basic premise of this thread is that a rather tasteless photo of a local hero is somehow clever ( it's sooo hard to get if you have a stick up your ass) and artistic. I'm willing to wager the things I find funny are far more irreverent, disgusting, and sexist than even you enjoy, but I don't pretend it has intellectual value.

It's OK, dude. We all know you're one of the cool kids.

Hint: The difference between having a stick up your ass and not is a) referring to something that's all in good fun as 'not to my taste' rather than 'tasteless' and/or b) not missing tongue in cheek self deprecation when so obviously presented.

Now off to the "Christ Piss, a Retrospective" exhibit at MOMA with ya...

It's OK, dude. We all know you're one of the cool kids.

Hint: The difference between having a stick up your ass and not is a) referring to something that's all in good fun as 'not to my taste' rather than 'tasteless' and/or b) not missing tongue in cheek self deprecation when so obviously presented.

Now off to the "Christ Piss, a Retrospective" exhibit at MOMA with ya...

Yo dipshit. Let me spell it for you since you don't get hints. The content of the photos is quite obvious to me. It's Bill's interpretation and his over-the-top defense of that interpration I find obnoxious. How many different ways do I have to spell it.

P.S. "Rather Tasteless" is the same thing as "not to my taste". And it's "Piss Christ", and that piece sucks.

Warren Harding applied a zone rating to various climbers based on their ethics. Here's his take on Fred in his satirical work of over 36 years ago titled: "Downward Bound"

"FRED BECKEY ZONE ?

Mr. Beckey is the object of a complete investigation being conducted by the L.S.E.D. & F.S. to determine the validity of his prodigious (claimed) climbing record -- of which serious doubts have been raised. When one considers the amount of time Mr. Beckey spends driving to and from Seattle, talking on the telephone, and shitting, it seems more than likely that he has done virtually no climbing at all, despite the fact that he is reputed to be the oldest climber in the United States. Zone rating will be withheld pending completion of the inquiry."

Lifted the text from the Petroskes mountain book site: http://jpmountainbooks.com/webbooks/harding/harding.html

(Note: the L.S.E.D. & F.S. stands for "The Lower Seirra Eating, Drinking, and Farcing Society")