Lady & Gentlemen, May I Present...

Peter_Puget

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

I heard Governor Christie speak on something like Face the Nation once. Very intelligent and well spoken (much like president Obama), had the right stuff as far as I could see. Yet it seems that someone who can talk and be a fiscal conservative still seems to be concerned with the moral views, as it relates to their religious views, of everyone else in society. That basically makes the person unvotable in my world view. I only heard him discussing fiscal policy and he was nailing the high points IMO.

A CC.com poster:

Every time I hear a republican talk about god, commies, gays, blacks, latinos, and now muslims I instinctively reach back and check to make sure my wallet is still there.

The infrastructure to support our overseas military interventions seems to survive the President, no matter what political party or even specific viewpoint expressed before the election. You think Christie is any different? Anyone need or want us to go back and cherry pick Candidate Obamas quotes pre-election regarding this issue?

When "change" was discussed, most of us were not thinking it would be a "change" of opinion after the election:-)

LOL

I heard Governor Christie speak on something like Face the Nation once. Very intelligent and well spoken (much like president Obama), had the right stuff as far as I could see.

A CC.com poster:

Every time I hear a republican talk about god, commies, gays, blacks, latinos, and now muslims I instinctively reach back and check to make sure my wallet is still there.

The infrastructure to support our overseas military interventions seems to survive the President, no matter what political party or even specific viewpoint expressed before the election. You think Christie is any different? Anyone need or want us to go back and cherry pick Candidate Obamas quotes pre-election regarding this issue?

When "change" was discussed, most of us were not thinking it would be a "change" of opinion after the election:-)

Yeah, he's got the right stuff: he's a really convincing liar.

Of course, he wouldn't need to be all that convincing to rope in most of the fans he's garnered so far....

I'd like to discuss it with him sometime over a double helping of Mud Pie and coffee.

Fatboy, like his compatriots, likes to play fast and loose with the facts. He convinces the surface-layer-vetters pretty quickly - doesn't take much with the GOP herd. Tell 'em the trough is over that cliff and down they go. His ability to lie on command convincingly is why the GOP is spurting all over itself to get him into the race, cuz the existing candidates are somewhat less...um...polished in the cred category.

Not that Hot Tub Time Machine and God Hates Fags don't make a strong team....