More important

kevbone

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a lot of emphasis is put on style these days... personally, i think this question is sort of like asking, "should you seek to place in the race, or should you simply seek to finish with a nice stride?"

otherwise, it's just way too personal to answer with any definity. you should be challenging yourself- so if simply reaching the top is a huge challenge, then that's all that's important. if getting to the top is NOT a challenge, then throw in some style points and MAKE it one.

otherwise, you're not climbing for yourself. you're just climbing for others to see you climbing.

Kevin...why the hell would you start this discussion again? Haven't we beat this dead horse into glue by now? WTF...

Why the hell post at all? If you dont like the topic.....dont respond.

There are no stupid questions...just stupid people...

Kevbone, to answer your question in my view, depends on the climb. Obviously getting to the top of a hard El Cap route, just about anything goes. Where as getting to the top of a hard free route, its the style that counts.

So which climb ya talking about?

Not really referring to any specifics. Climbing mags usually talk about style like its going out of style. For me....its usually about getting to the top with no injuries.

you are a retard...

I'm assuming since RuMR hasn't posted lately in this thread that he was banned for his personal attack on another poster?

Or is he STILL on the protected list of CC posters who get to say whatever the fuck they want without the mods coming down on them?

Just checking why he hasn't been banned yet since OFF posted in the same forum and obviously saw his comments.

...and RuMR...I don't appreciate seeing that kind of thing posted outside of spray so how's about you mind your manners a little?

I guess Pete H is on the same protected list.

It does stink when kids pick on you and the teacher looks the other way. But one wonders why you are the target of so much abuse.

This thread, and a few similar ones you've posted, might make sense for a total newbie, but for someone who's climbed for many years, they just seem to spark derision. They might as well have "kick me" in the title. It's not surprising some people oblige. I've been tempted but try to take the high road. Oops. I guess I failed...

you are a retard...

I'm assuming since RuMR hasn't posted lately in this thread that he was banned for his personal attack on another poster?

Or is he STILL on the protected list of CC posters who get to say whatever the fuck they want without the mods coming down on them?

Just checking why he hasn't been banned yet since OFF posted in the same forum and obviously saw his comments.

...and RuMR...I don't appreciate seeing that kind of thing posted outside of spray so how's about you mind your manners a little?

DUNDUDNDUN (Drumrolll)...its SUPERMAN to the rescue of the poor, downtrodden folk!!!! STEP BACK FOLKS ITS THE MIGHTY KIRKW!!!! :rolleyes: