How do you go poopy in a zip-lock bag?

Dennis_Harmon

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using the correct size bag is important. If the bag is too small and you fill it to the rim, zipping it shut cleanly is a difficult operation. You wind up with warm goo ozzing out the top. Very messy.

Having an accurate aim is important. If the head of your newly created torpedo folds over the top of the bag you really have a problem. Now you're faced with transfering the torpedo from the snow into the bag using available mechanical devices. Now you've messed up more than just the bag.

My last bit of advise on this topic is not to eat too much freeze-dried food on your climbing adventures. For many of us freeze-dried food transforms our neatly created torpedos into unconsolidated blobs. Management of unconsolidated material in a zip-lock bag can be very difficult.

Viva la blue bag

Check out the system that Mt. Shasta has for "Blue Bags." They supply a large piece of paper that has a target printed on it. You put the paper down then put snow or rocks on the corners and aim. Then folded the paper up and put in a brown paper bag with some light weight Kitty Litter, this is deposited in a zip lock bag. I take a couple of garbage bags along to put the zip locks in. Never put the bag inside your pack. Secure it to the out side.

Mt. Shasta as well as Mt. Rainier have deposits (a barrel in near the bathrooms at Rainier) for these bags.

You could also may this set up with paper towels and your own paper and zip lock bags.

For further info there is a book titled: How to Shit in the Woods. Sorry I can't remember the author's name.

quote:

Originally posted by Figger Eight:

Hey Dennis:

1) shit in your helmet

2) put it on

[Moon][laf]

Figger, it didn't take me very long to find out who you REALLY are....

Next year, I'd better see Sani-Bands on all the helmets when you hand them out to the students at the introduction to rescue and hauling systems clinic.

The reason I'm asking this question is that while most people crap only once a day, I have a lamentable condition called, "Leaky Bowel Syndrome," which makes me shit 20 to 30 times a day. (I use up a lot of toilet paper!) Therefore, the question posed is a VERY personal one...and not to be made light of. Dennis

DH, if you're crapin 20 times a day how the hell you ever top'ed out or summited anything????? I for one would never belay you thinking that ole' Dennis may just let loose any minute now. Or just follow the brown streak on the snow. DH has wanded the route to the summit with his feces.

My reconmendation for you is Depends and bowling.

quote:

Originally posted by RedMonk:

ah man! not that grammar shit again! oh and i always say, "better two blue pills before you leave, than two blue bags while you are on the glacier." never taken a shit on rainier thanks to the ol' anti-diarheah pills...
[big Grin]

I hear you like to puke in the mountains....so what's your favorite poptart flavor? [Razz]

man! it was the bear claw! just ask fendall! that little slut has been talkin mad shit. we are headed up to baker this morning. i'll have to kick his ass [big Grin] and bye the way... it was strawberry with icing... looked like fucking lucky charms on the way up... [laf]

quote:

Originally posted by Dennis Harmon:

Dru, I seem to have misplaced my Latin dictionary...does "coprophage" mean: eater of shit? Probably does, and thanks for sharing. Trask, "Shit in crevass. Problem solved." Unless, of course, fall in same crevass. Problem exacerbated. Dennis

dennis- fall in crevasse, fucked anyway