[TR] Mt. Hood - Devil's Kitchen Headwall 5/21/2011

rocky_joe

Thanks for the public service announcement Joe. Where can I send donations to help you in your crusade to make sure all climbers on hood are wearing the proper attire?

You wouldn't happen to know where I can get a helmet with a built in solar powered PLB? Integrated video camera would be sweet! I could get footage of all the people on hood that I'm better than. I've got a hood climb coming up in August and I've read I should have both. Safety first!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

best take away advice - climb any popular route on hood w/ a smile and headful of the strongest drug you can stomach - a howling soundbox is well recomended too - fuck the bullshit - you ain't gonna impress anybody and nobody gives a fuck what you have to say, so might as well have fun while getting yer excericse, eh? :)

Can we drop the subject of whether Joe was right or not in commenting to another climber? If ya'll think he could have been more circumspect in commenting to someone else on Mt Hood, certainly all you keyboard jockeys could take your own advice and polighten up a little?

Off White

I personally agree with the folks that say that each one should mind his/her own business, but one thing I believe is logical: :

If it is at your reach to do something (anything), without anyone needing to tell you (just out of your appreciation and respect for others), that may reduce/avoid the chances in an already dangerous sport of you getting hurt and then OTHER people there needing to take care of you on the spot, OR mountain rescue has to go to help you out (with the potential for them to get hurt), I think it is worth trying to do it. But is your decision...

Thanks,

GA

Can we drop the subject of whether Joe was right or not in commenting to another climber? If ya'll think he could have been more circumspect in commenting to someone else on Mt Hood, certainly all you keyboard jockeys could take your own advice and polighten up a little?

Off White

Could we get this moved into a Mt. Hood fourm... pleaseee! I will donate $20 to the site if it happens!

- a howling soundbox is well recomended too - fuck the bullshit -

Gonna bring the ghetto blaster and strap it to my shoulder next time - blast it real loud - avalanches triggered before I even get there. Tried and true.

Some of you fucking people on this website are just so high on your horse it's unreal. You're really taking time out of your day to rip me apart for being a reasonably (and admittedly) new climber. You don't know anything about me apart from the few TR's I've elected to post here.

The party leader was clearly taking some very green climbers through the gates. He was not wearing a helmet in the Pearly Gates in May, on a busy, warm day. Rime was falling everywhere (some quite large pieces) as were pieces of the crust from climbers above. Not wearing a helmet as a group leader seem liked a poor decision/mistake, so I asked.

You act as if one sentence defines my attitude as a climber And you post my first TR as a way to prove how much your junior I am; as if you were never new to the sport.

Follow your own advice and mind your own fucking business.

Seriously!

- a howling soundbox is well recomended too - fuck the bullshit -

Gonna bring the ghetto blaster and strap it to my shoulder next time - blast it real loud - avalanches triggered before I even get there. Tried and true.

What style of music have you found to be most effective at this? :-)

First you startle it, then you saturate it, finally you serenade it.

Something like this: Sparta - Phil Collins - Miles Davis