OuterSpace

zipzap

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Approach for Outer Space will be significantly more difficult in the future as the space shuttle program is ending. Climbing conditions in Outer Space: perfect for sending. Cold temps keep the sweat down and lack of gravity makes hard problems easy.

The ticks in Ltown have never bothered me at all. Wear pants, check yourself before you start climbing and check yourself before you get in your car. No big deal.

Now pulling 4-6 a day off my dog, that gets a bit old.

1) train ticks to drink piss instead of blood (maybe show them a couple of Bear Grylls videos)

2) get goats to eat pissed-up ticks

problem?

Yes. I fear they'd drop in and queue up at the source. Better to pull them off the other head.

The ticks in Ltown have never bothered me at all. Wear pants, check yourself before you start climbing and check yourself before you get in your car. No big deal.

Now pulling 4-6 a day off my dog, that gets a bit old.

Ironically had my wife pulling a tick out of me last night after visiting the Wart Wall/Mastadon Area, little guy too.

Karma?

I was going to go in disguised as Sol to avoid the ticks but that appears to not work anymore. Which is good because I don't know how I was going to lose that much weight this soon. And climb that much harder.

Never utter the name of the blood sucking demons lest they come looking for ye.

In tick country, if you are vigilant you can always feel the little buggers when they bite you. It is a quick sharp pinch, and if you react by looking at the area instead of scratching it and being aware that this is a tick symptom, then you will always get them before they have a chance to sink there nose in and they come right off and do not transfer infection or inflamation. In the past 20 years, I have pulled hundreds of ticks off me due to the area that i live in and the places I have been and so developed this hyper awareness of how ticks attack! Also be aware that they get on you, and then they crawl upwards, so many bites are on the hairline at your neck, or at your beltline if they have access thru your shirt. Preventive measures such as taping your wrists and ankles and tucking your shirt in work very well, and eliminate the areas you need to be concerned about.

Walked up to SCW today. Lots of ticks! whew!

I kept my pants tucked into my socks and this worked great. Just keep an eye on the small grass patches that are along the trail. If you dont let your boots/pants touch those areas you will probably stay tick free, as I did. Most of them are pretty sizeable and are easy to spot. Only 1 climbing group up there with a party of 14!

14_goats_on_pearly_gates_trail.jpg

goat_on_snow_creek_trail2.jpg