Vegans with Pets

rob

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bet people who feed their children unpasteurized milk also refuse vaccination.

They're probably also"unschoolers"

Unschoolers are one step below the teabaggers.

Not all of us. However, when my youngest when in to get her 2nd round of vaccinations, they were about to give her the WRONG ONES. Luckily, my wife took her to that apt and caught the mistake. Not sure what, if anything, would have happened if she had gotten the ones for round 5, or whatever they were about to give her. Of course, we are just supposed to "trust the doc", right? WRONG!

My appologeeze everyone but this gets back to my rant of no matter how much education a person gets, if they're suppose to make quotas, or they're being overworked, they will screw up. In addition, most education just breeds good test takers, not necessarily good workers. Always be pro active on these people for yourself and for your loved ones. Do not place these people on a pedal stole but be respectful. blah blah

Guess I'm not as good a parent as I thought... I read the label on the milk and it is "flash pasteurized". Sure tastes a hell of a lot better than the stuff from slaveway. Not a placebo effect whatsoever. More like the difference between eating fruit that has been on a ship from somewhere overseas, vs the taste of one picked fresh from the tree/vine. Whatever, go ahead and eat crap if you want, I prefer it as fresh as possible.

My appologeeze everyone but this gets back to my rant of no matter how much education a person gets, if they're suppose to make quotas, or they're being overworked, they will screw up. In addition, most education just breeds good test takers, not necessarily good workers. Always be pro active on these people for yourself and for your loved ones. Do not place these people on a pedal stole but be respectful. blah blah

wut

How is it that there are so many fat, disgusting vegans?

"Oh, I'm vegan, that means I can eat as much palm and coconut oil, nuts and peanut butter as I want! Pass the soy ice cream."

It's like atkins for even DUMBER people.

Veganism is largely an unhealthy lifestyle.

Not true. Veganism can be a healthy diet. Otherwise is just what the beef and dairy lobby would have you think. Just like a non-vegan diet can be very unhealthy, a vegan diet can too. Any diet requires a thoughtful approach....Big Mac and cokes don't cut it either.

For the vegan, there is plenty of sources of meat alternates. Some thought is required to be sure enough iron and B12 is being consumed, but protein substitutes abound.

Most of the vegans I know eat more processed food than I do. It takes a lot of science to make soybeans and mushrooms look like bacon and sausages and cheese :lmao:

FIELD ROAST = VEGAN SPRAY CHEESE LOLWTFBBQ

Edited by rob

What I don't like is pseudo-omnivores that only eat the boneless skinless chicken breast, say - the meat that magically appears on the safeway foam tray.

If you're gonna eat meat you may as well eat as much of the animal as you can and use the rest. Tongue, oxtail, heart, all good stuff. Too much cowhide - I'm not a leather worker. No use for chicken feathers. Too small a customer for the rendering plant to deal with. We burn them.

How is it that there are so many fat, disgusting vegans?

"Oh, I'm vegan, that means I can eat as much palm and coconut oil, nuts and peanut butter as I want! Pass the soy ice cream."

It's like atkins for even DUMBER people.

Veganism is largely an unhealthy lifestyle.

Not true. Veganism can be a healthy diet. Otherwise is just what the beef and dairy lobby would have you think. Just like a non-vegan diet can be very unhealthy, a vegan diet can too. Any diet requires a thoughtful approach....Big Mac and cokes don't cut it either.

For the vegan, there is plenty of sources of meat alternates. Some thought is required to be sure enough iron and B12 is being consumed, but protein substitutes abound.

the beef and dairy lobby? OUR SLAVE MASTERS! LOL

Most vegans and vegetarians are malnourished because of the inherent difficulty of getting everything we need from these complicated diets. Many resort to supplements - only to piss most it out. Many overeat certain foods in order to get enough vitamins and minerals, skewing their carb/protein/fat mix in the process.

Beef is an excellent source of all the proteins you need. It's really good for you. If the beef is grass fed, it's also easy on the environment. The problem isn't beef itself, its the quantity people consume. Recommended serving of beef is 3 oz - which is about the size of a deck of cards.

Veganism seems to appeal to people with an overdeveloped sense of guilt and self focus.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Start with reading Fast Food Nation.

Then think about our biological make-up: hardly one built for heavy meat consumption.

Veganism seems to express itself as a bit of a cultish fad at times, but if well thought-out, obviously very healthy.

I personally think lacto-ovo veggie is the healthiest, physiologically/ethically.

Beef is an excellent source of all the proteins you need. It's really good for you. If the beef is grass fed, it's also easy on the environment. The problem isn't beef itself, its the quantity people consume. Recommended serving of beef is 3 oz - which is about the size of a deck of cards.

grass fed beef (GFB) demands much more prairie space, which questions whether there would be enough land to feed everyone GFB even at 3 oz per serving. In some ways, GFB is possible because most cattle is raised in feedlots. There are other issues like methane emissions, ...

The sustainable alternative are insects of course.

"Human GI quotient pattern typical of faunivores. Human GI quotients are considerably lower than predicted/expected for all 4 digestive system components measured. Martin et al. report [1985, p. 72] that:

Calculation of gut quotient values has particular interest in the case of the four average surface areas of the gut compartments determined for six Homo sapiens. It can be seen from figs. 1-4 that man has values of less than one for all four gut compartments, most notably with respect to the cecum:

GQ = 0.31; IQ = 0.76; CQ = 0.16; LQ = 0.58

[in the above, GQ is the quotient for the stomach, IQ for the small intestine, CQ for the cecum, and LQ for the colon.]

This is a pattern shared with a number of animals relying heavily on animal food ["faunivores" (Chivers and Hladik, 1980)]."

GOOGLEZ from here....