Plan to eliminate the Fed. family planning program

tvashtarkatena

The house is debating whether or not to defund Title X, the National Family Planning Program. To get abortions defunded, they're throwing the entire baby out with the bath water.

This would leave family planning funding up the the States. Those in the Bible belt have a history of not exactly wanting to pony up for family planning, leaving millions of young women in a very dangerous health care situation.

If you give a shit about this, this might be an excellent time, and I mean like right now, to write your congressfolk.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW what is so cruel about sterilization of people that can't care for themselves let alone others. Pay people for it and I would even do it. It's all ass sideways. Of course this is not PC or Human..BS! Let them bred, it is sacred, the Pope is the most inhuman and cruel person alive, 'Let the poor bred like rats so their children can starve like rats, it is sacred sperm.'

I agree. I think every individual should get one kid (to replace themselves.) You can sell your ticket to someone else who wants to have more kids if you don't want any. I don't see what's so wrong with that. People live a long time these days and I'd like to see our planet remain relatively wild (as relative as that is).

Two kids per family? Maybe one more if you have money? Why not? There are too many humans.

But how to enforce it? Taxes? That will only keep people with money from having kids, and they're not really as big a problem, are they?

We should genetically modify the human race so that we can only procreate after receiving an injection. It would last for 3 months and then wear off.

Edited by rob

And all the folks who bitch about their tax-funded education should STFU and pay for it themselves.

I'd happily opt out of paying for public schools if it meant I had to send my kids to private school. Its seams that when TTK says that I should "fuck off" he really means that I should 'fuck off but keep paying for his social programs".

And all the folks who bitch about their tax-funded education should STFU and pay for it themselves.

I'd happily opt out of paying for public schools if it meant I had to send my kids to private school. Its seams that when TTK says that I should "fuck off" he really means that I should 'fuck off but keep paying for his social programs".

No, I pretty much mean 'fuck off' cuz you're a tool.

No, I pretty much mean 'fuck off' cuz you're a tool.

But keep paying for your social programs, right? Tool or not, planned parenthood and NPR isn't going to pay for itself, no? Those are the buzz-worthy causes for the week (I think).

Planned parenthood pays for itself many times over by allowing people to have children when they can afford it, instead of having more people dragged into poverty and a situation of needing help from the community.

Oh good, since Planned Parenthood gets paid for with "attaboys" and "thumbs-ups" we can scratch them off the funding list.

Legalizing abortions lowered the crime rate. De-funding Planned Parenthood (which includes no longer providing contraception) will have the opposite effect. "Abstinence Only" programs have increased unwanted pregnancies.

I honestly feel that the Republifucks are trying to bring on the End Times to hasten the Second Coming.

Nah, you're just a prick.

Planned Parenthood does a lot more than family planning: cancer and HIV screenings and the like. It's a cost effective and critical health care resource for low income folks without health care. Defunding it will result in much more expensive options: like spreading HIV and emergency room visits.

So the message from the GOP is: We'll FORCE YOU to have unwanted children, then DENY YOU all affordable options for pre and post natal care, the PUT YOUR LITTLE FUCKING RUG RATS IN A FOR PROFIT PRISON when the time comes.

the republicans always get so proud about cutting spending for some tiny little slice of the federal pie. What oes this funding represent? .0001% of the deficit?

Wake me up when they start making REAL cuts. Unfortunatley this will never happen because the biggest, gaping bleeding wound is the military spending budget, and that's the republican's sacred cow.

I am totally fine with the right-wingers here disliking the democrats, but I can't for the live of me figure out how any relatively competent person could think the republicans are doing anything worthwile.

"OH YAY THEY'RE CUTTING NPR FUNDING NOW OUR SPENDING PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED!!!!"

fucking retards

the republicans always get so proud about cutting spending for some tiny little slice of the federal pie. What oes this funding represent? .0001% of the deficit?

Wake me up when they start making REAL cuts. Unfortunatley this will never happen because the biggest, gaping bleeding wound is the military spending budget, and that's the republican's sacred cow.

I am totally fine with the right-wingers here disliking the democrats, but I can't for the live of me figure out how any relatively competent person could think the republicans are doing anything worthwile.

"OH YAY THEY'RE CUTTING NPR FUNDING NOW OUR SPENDING PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED!!!!"

fucking retards

Spot on, the NPR and Planned Parenthood cuts are a finger-in-the-eye gesture, they don't achieve a true budgetary fix. But, what does anyone expect, all I see out of both sides is an 'Us vs. Them' mentality. Neither side is really working to find a common ground or solution.

sure i think family planning is a good idea; however, it's ironic that I, my daughter, my grand kids would not be here for the fact none of it was planned. I blame my dad twice: once for me, once for not training me to suit up or pull out--hee haw PS I didn't train my daughter either; at 32 i thought she already knew; but then again she only listens to her husband anyway..wah wah

Edited by Lucky Larry