Supreme Microsoft Douchery

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he meant largest market cap Rob. (shares outstanding X share price) In that case, Apple might be an overpriced phone company if you examine Nokias market cap and add in MSFT as well. What goes up will come down. PS, this is from someone who sold Apple too soon, so take that with a grain of salt:-)

No way, when we run out of oil, we can run our cars on iPhones. Exxon has a finite life, whereas Apple can keep making up BS forever. ( I do agree on the bubble though, when should I cash out?)

No that's not really the case Nate. You should do some serious research on Exxon.

Interesting story found from digging into Nates link: http://stevenf.tumblr.com/post/359224392/i-need-to-talk-to-you-about-computers-ive-been

Edited by billcoe

I love math! (really I do) Depends on what you mean by "large" but let's look at some of the other big players in the computer world and what they did during 2010. If we are only looking at value, Apple is currently third largest company on Earth, no not a mistype. Exxon oil and China Petro occupy the number 1 and 2 spots.

Apple. 65 billion revenue, 300 billion market cap.

Dell. 53 billion revenue 27 billion market cap.*Ouch*

Microsoft. 63 billion revenue, 238 billion market cap.

Intel. 35 billion revenue, 116 billion market cap.

Intel did 40 billion in revenue in 2010 not 35.

Oh man I can't believe I got sucked into this.*laughs* What does large mean? I was thinking of revenue and profit, not market cap. By a measure of revenue, Apple is larger than Microsoft, Dell or Google. Although market cap can be a bunch of crap, (remember the dot.com bubble days) Apple has extremely conservative fiscal policy to back-up the high share prices. 50 billion in cash, and no debit. Apple could buy Dell tomorrow and never even notice. *sighs, dude I feel like I'm sticking up for the evil empire here, blah* Anyway, we can agree that Apple is f**ing huge and shows no signs of slowing down.

Heres another fun fact Walmart has 2 million employes and makes about 14 billion a year in profit. Apple has 50,000 people on payroll and also makes about 14 billion a year. If making a buck off your employee is the goal of all this, Apple is doing a great job.

Anyway, we can agree that Apple is f**ing huge and shows no signs of slowing down.

That's probably the dumbest thing you wrote.

Heres another fun fact Walmart has 2 million employes and makes about 14 billion a year in profit. Apple has 50,000 people on payroll and also makes about 14 billion a year. If making a buck off your employee is the goal of all this, Apple is doing a great job.

The hundreds of thousands of FoxConn slaves don't count?

Heres another fun fact Walmart has 2 million employes and makes about 14 billion a year in profit. Apple has 50,000 people on payroll and also makes about 14 billion a year.

the total payroll for 2 million walmart employees is probably the same as the total payroll for 50,000 apple employees.

My iPhone is the least reliable gadget I own by far.

Apparently, the (previously owned) phone had all 4 submersion sensors tripped. Chris, you fuckin' douchebag!

The chick looked up from the cash register and said "Merry belated Christmas. No charge. Here's your new phone."

Fair enough. Thanks, Apple!