Dem revolt

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cuz, like, the wealthiest American's have really honored us with their exemplary service, compassion, fairness, gratitude, and basic values in recent years. We need to keep trusting them to do the right thing.

Aren't you the guy that rarely missed an opportunity to inform everyone here that you'd retired early on the proceeds of stock-options grants?

Or was that someone else?

Furthermore, if I do make a quarter mil a year, I'll STFU, pay whatever taxes are owed, and thank my lucky fuckin stars.

Hmm - seem to remember something about being a chief technical officer of some concern or another and making enough money to quit working and "do whatever the fuck I want" being bandied about some time ago - but I don't care enough to bother searching for the said claims.

You care enough to remember that part correctly. As for the additional details you made up for your personal attack...I never gave them out.

All in a day's work for a liar. And irrelevant. More compensation wouldn't change my political bent or actions a wit. It would mean that I could afford to give more money away...that would be cool. To think that greater income makes one more conservative might be par for the shitheels you hang with. My peeps got more solid values than that.

This country's got a gigantic deficit, and the rich who benefited most from it are gonna have to pay it down, sooner or later.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Furthermore, if I do make a quarter mil a year, I'll STFU, pay whatever taxes are owed, and thank my lucky fuckin stars.

Hmm - seem to remember something about being a chief technical officer of some concern or another and making enough money to quit working and "do whatever the fuck I want" being bandied about some time ago - but I don't care enough to bother searching for the said claims.

You are correct Jay.

You are correct Jay.

LOL

yeah i kinda recall the same thing. not that it matters (except for credibility issues, but whatever, attention is a good thing, right?).

But back to the relevant issue: DEM REVOLT!

You care enough to remember that part correctly. As for the additional details you made up for your personal attack...I never gave them out.

All in a day's work for a liar. And irrelevant. More compensation wouldn't change my political bent or actions a wit. It would mean that I could afford to give more money away...that would be cool. To think that greater income makes one more conservative might be par for the shitheels you hang with. My peeps got more solid values than that.

This country's got a gigantic deficit, and the rich who benefited most from it are gonna have to pay it down, sooner or later.

So - either you made enough money in short while to generate a passive income stream sufficient to retire on - in which case you would qualify under any standard definition of "wealthy."

...Or you made enough in whatever capacity you were working in to take a long vacation - in which case the "do whatever the fuck I wan't" claim should have come with a footnote that said "Until I run out of money and have to go back to work again."

All of the shitheels that I hang with will collectively exhale a big sigh of relief when they learn that both you and your peeps are so unconcerned with money that - aside from repeatedly dropping multiple hints that you've made so much of it that you no longer have to work (apropos of nothing, at every opportunity) - it would never have any effect on your modesty or any other dimension of your personality. They'll be even more relieved to hear that your political viewpoint will remain unchanged, no matter how big the hypothetical windfall under discussion may be. Phew!

Cuz, like, the wealthiest American's have really honored us with their exemplary service, compassion, fairness, gratitude, and basic values in recent years. We need to keep trusting them to do the right thing.

Aren't you the guy that rarely missed an opportunity to inform everyone here that you'd retired early on the proceeds of stock-options grants?

what would it change if what you say were true?

Whether you spit or swallow.

Easy - then he'd be one of the "wealthiest American's have really honored us with their exemplary service, compassion, fairness, gratitude, and basic values in recent years..."

As a ballpark I'd say it'd take ~ 1.25-1.5 million in liquid assets to generate an inflation-indexed income stream between 40 and 60K per year for a guy in his late 40's/early fifties, which is pretty much the minimal retirement income necessary to afford a SFR in Phinney-centered lifestyle after you've paid taxes, utilities, etc, etc. Anyone in that age group that had that much liquid net worth would certainly qualify as "wealthy" using any reasonable definition of the word.

Actually - I think the classical definition of "wealthy" is anyone who can afford to quit working and live a comfortable life on the income stream their assets/investments generate. I have no idea if Tvashie actually has that kind of coin socked away or not - but all of the off-topic comments about being able to "do whatever the fuck I want, "Chief Technical Officer for a tech company" etc, etc, etc, seemed as though they were an extremely *cough* subtle way for him to advertise the fact that he was independently wealthy.

I have no idea if Tvashie actually has that kind of coin socked away or not - but all of the off-topic comments about being able to "do whatever the fuck I want, "Chief Technical Officer for a tech company" etc, etc, etc, seemed as though they were an extremely *cough* subtle way for him to advertise the fact that he was independently wealthy.

Tax the fucker immediately. He needs to cough up his fair share.

You are correct Jay.

Yep. Dem hippo par for the course.