Winter Olympics

mattp

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the olympics suck as far as im concerned. not the athletes but the idiots that put it on. come on kicking a guy out of taking an energy drink while powerbar,powerade, and all that other crap sponsors it. they need to get there act together there. remeber that guy they wanted to take his gold medal away for testing posative for ganja. give me a break if anything that stuff only makes you slower. that stuff is legal in some countries. anyways i enjoyed the whole tatterd flag thing from ground zero, i feel so sorry for the usa..well i do..but let us not forget all the other countries that have had there hardships, maybe all of them should get away from the real spirit of it, and bring there torn up flags too. anyways 500 dollars for a ticket, you wont catch me there...thats only for the rich.

You've got to look past the packaging here. These athletes are at their absolute primes. Awesome!

Beck, everything I know about the Skeleton would lead me to believe that it makes the luge look like preschool recess. I love the fact that it's legitimized by its history rather than being some XGames freakshow they made up just to get the big TV ratings.

Going down a really steep ski hill has nothing to do with jumping out of a helicopter. Especially since their little graphic cartoon skier was wearing a parachute.

Thanks for the link to the nice balanced article in Testosterone Magazine. Of course I would have read it sooner but somehow I let my....subscription....lapse. Silly me! My favorite part of the article was where they were talking about how much women enjoy the athlete profile dealamajiggers. I say forget the sports, let's see more of those scintillating profiles! Of course that's the best part but I also enjoyed the opening ceremonies and all of the insightful commentary from that brill Bob Costas. NOT!

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:
I dont find that humorous. I find it boring and pathetic. It shows the true degradation of Olympic sporting standards has fallen.

Man the Olympics are a total joke now anyways. I've given up on them. They're so commercialized and irrelevent. Half-pipe snowboarding? Come on!