you mean like stealth bombers?

ivan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they only spend trillions in advertising and P.R. per year to "convince" people to buy their things. They call it "free will" :moondance:

“If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, it is now possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it.” Bernays, pioneer of the advertising industry, in 1928 on the creation of the PR industry and the “engineering of consent.”

Bernays called it "propaganda" until Goebbels (who was a great admirer) and his pals made a mess of it and ruined that terminology for all.

[video:youtube]V0OrT-8gXMs

We had the second amendment back when the difference between military and civilian armaments were relatively insignificant. These days if an 'evil' government wanted to 'take over' our society they'd shutdown Ore-Ida / McDonalds, commandeer the Internet / cell networks, and nationalize the food and gas distribution networks. Your guns? You might as well be throwing rocks.

I'm excited because your quoting the Constitution's provision for the "common defense" is typical of the teatard's selective and loose reading of the document when it suits your interests. The notion that we need to spend trillions only to get our ass handed to us by pirates and tribesmen in the name of "defending ourselves" is an irony you cracker-barrel constitutional scholars haven't wrapped your heads around yet. Don't you ever get tired of being led around on a leash?

These days if an 'evil' government wanted to 'take over' our society they'd shutdown Ore-Ida / McDonalds, commandeer the Internet / cell networks, and nationalize the food and gas distribution networks. Your guns? You might as well be throwing rocks.
Not to mention our new highly trained and psychologically tempered public and private urban peacekeeping force. Break yourself Haji!

ps. we're hiring.

It's that whole "provide for the common defense" thing in the preamble to the constitution. Check it out and share it with your class.

at the moment i'm still dealing w/ the "promote the general welfare" bit (yes, it does mean reading a bit further along in that there run-on sentence) and how, for average conservitards, that naturally doesn't include medicare, schip, obamacare, social security, or for that matter, welfare :)

i'm sure you would have rocked the preamble recitation assignment better than a good # of my folks last week though - memorizing iz hard! :P

I'm excited because your quoting the Constitution's provision for the "common defense" is typical of the teatard's selective and loose reading of the document when it suits your interests.

Um, conservatives aren't the ones who "found" a right to abortion in Blackmun's private library. The great thing about the Constitution though is that there's something for almost everyone to cite. Even mind-numbed libtard drones like you and your slightly dumber simul-ego.

The great thing about the Constitution though is that there's something for almost everyone to cite.

Or ignore completely as the neglect of the promotion of general welfare or this now-famous embarrassment make clear. But you're right, the Teabaggers' self-proclaimed role as the keepers of Constitutional principles is a pathetic joke.

Edited by prole

Why can't *I* buy a fucking bomber?????? Every well-armed militia needs fucking stealth bombers and aircraft carriers. How else am I going to fight tyranny????????

Fucking libtard gun control. :anger:

You can nodder, place an order with the Air Force for the "Stealthtard". Then pony up the couple of billion dollars (they use to get them for $1,200,000,000 but it's probably gone up, much like groceries and gas). Best if you just walk into the Pentagon and ask them this directly though. They prefer the face to face contact. Talk loudly, use exaggerated hand gestures and repeat yourself often as they don't hear well.

the best argument I've herd for the retardation of the republicans and the tea party, is they want limited government every where except when it comes to the individuals right to marriage, freedom of religion, sexual orientation, freedom of speech and information, privacy. ect ect ect.. really they don't want people to be free of government in there lives, they want deregulation, and freedom of government for corporate America in which intends to enslave the rest of us and horde all the wealth and power for itself.

Government has its place, and part of its role is to protect the people it governs. weather it be from military invasion, or corporate take over. Government also provides a means to build infrastructure, and ensure equal opportunity to education, health care, justice, and equality. the government is essentially a police force, but its not meant to police an individuals right of choice, its there to protect, the individuals ability to choose

the best argument I've herd for the retardation of the republicans and the tea party, is they want limited government every where except when it comes to the individuals right to marriage, freedom of religion, sexual orientation, freedom of speech and information, privacy. ect ect ect.. really they don't want people to be free of government in there lives, they want deregulation, and freedom of government for corporate America in which intends to enslave the rest of us and horde all the wealth and power for itself.

Government has its place, and part of its role is to protect the people it governs. weather it be from military invasion, or corporate take over. Government also provides a means to build infrastructure, and ensure equal opportunity to education, health care, justice, and equality. the government is essentially a police force, but its not meant to police an individuals right of choice, its there to protect, the individuals ability to choose

That's a point I often make as well....with a few spelling changes. BTW, the republican tent is big enough to allow all kinds of whack jobs a large enough umbrella of divergent issues to hang underneath. Yet I just pulled up the GOP platform and I surprised what I read. I think that they tried to be as general as possible so as not to alienate people. Here: http://www.gop.com/index.php/issues/issues/

they don't say a word about getting the rents down either.

Edited by billcoe