Index Traditions

Kathy

Hey Youngins,

Me, Rat, Joe, Dean, and el Ski Thing are all getting older, and it is up to you to do the cool Index shit like we used to do. We are willing to mentor you in the fine arts of:

Burning shit up (including tires, spray cans, and dishes)

Shooting shit with our potato gun ( who can ever forget Rat hitting the belay slings on Princely Ambitions from the RR tracks!)

Puking green shit in the parking lot

Getting real drunk and yelling "fall, fall, I hope you fucking fall"

Spending all day fighting each other in the parking lot and Private Idaho

And of course - the vertical installation sundry deceased farm animals.

This kind of behavior has gone on at Index for many years but recently it has been lacking. One of the most famous climbers in Washington helped grease City Park. [side note] Everyone who hates spray is always bitching about how we are going to drive off Cascade ledgends and yet one of them greased City Park [side note]

We just want to help the next generation carry on some fine traditions. grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: Kathy ]

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, a marvelous cliff with splendid traditions. Climbing is only part of the attraction. I remember my first trip as though it were yesterday. My buddy an I hopped a bus and got dumped at Index in the middle of a cloud burst. After our first night camped at the gun club, we spent the next four nights camped on top of a big flat rock out in the quarried blocks. We witnessed Todd Skinner's "free" ascent of City Park. With no pro on his rack and the rope clipped to his highest pieces, he top-roped up to the crux, nailed it, then got spooked and traversed onto Godzilla. Faced with that tough mantle, he whimpered for beta from Jeff Smoot, then scampered up for the "first free ascent" of City Park (impressive TR nevertheless). That Beth Wald has got the biggest mouth! Anyways, boys, liked the pig thing, as did everybody I know with a sense of humor.

quote:

Originally posted by pope:
Anyways, boys, liked the pig thing, as did everybody I know with a sense of humor.

A cold wet day at Index when I first saw the pig head. The water ran differently off the grease stain that it did on the surrounding rock. My first thought was "Lord of the Flies" and my second was, "Why?"

Is it that climbing on incrément never articles tore off, which rise with dynamite? The famous hard core of Squamish planned a plan in the past, in order to eliminate the good edge of antinode bulge, because too many climbing it is weakly escaped in this manner, instead of continuing Roman chimneys upward. For more désapprover the press they installed the Dynamitfriom stolen a bus shed and to have it on the edge. However no explosion eventuated and the climbing were not weakly further-used, in order to exhaust upward from this mark instead of the progress. tongue.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Kathy:
Hey Youngins,

Me, Rat, Joe, Dean, and el Ski Thing are all getting older, and it is up to you to do the cool Index shit like we used to do. We are willing to mentor you in the fine arts of:

Burning shit up (including tires, spray cans, and dishes)

Shooting shit with our potato gun ( who can ever forget Rat hitting the belay slings on Princely Ambitions from the RR tracks!)

Puking green shit in the parking lot

Getting real drunk and yelling "fall, fall, I hope you fucking fall"

Spending all day fighting each other in the parking lot and Private Idaho

And of course - the vertical installation sundry deceased farm animals.

This kind of behavior has gone on at Index for many years but recently it has been lacking. One of the most famous climbers in Washington helped grease City Park. [side note] Everyone who hates spray is always bitching about how we are going to drive off Cascade ledgends and yet one of them greased City Park [side note]

We just want to help the next generation carry on some fine traditions.
grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: Kathy ]

Kathy:

Some clarifications are needed:

- Are old fiberglass canopies on a stack of pallets going to create the right kind of thick black smoke that will coat all the other climbers cars with soot? How about dousing the old truck that's already there with some deisel fuel and shoot it for effect?

- If I don't have access to a potato gun is a real gun ok to use? ( I like guns )

- pukin is self expalitory, the brighter the color the better.

- yelling at the other climbers is fun and easily rattles the newbies, I think I got that one.

- fightin is probably gonna be automatic once you start the aforementioned behavior.

- is road kill an appropriate substitute for farm animals? In your opinion, should we hang them in an area hidden from below so it suprises climbers when they reach a ledge or hang it out for all to see?

-I think running around the lower wall with a chainsaw and cutting up downed logs would be considered annoying by others, but maybe not enough to actually make them angry. Thoughts?

- is it ok to climb on the days you are being abnoxious or should you just focus on keeping the place looking snappy?

All in all it sounds like a good way to waste time you could be climbing, but if it needs to get done, then, well someones gotta do it. mad.gif" border="0

Excellent questions Bronco,

I think fiberglass canopies and pallet would make a wonderfull fire, and the soot would be just fab. Just make sure that the fire is built close to Dan Larsons car.

Real guns are even better than potato guns, although Kit Lewis may be better able to answer this question.

We have always chosen to fight amoung ourselves, but I think fighting other people would be fun. Just be sure to sucker punch anyone named Dan "just in case".

We have always gone for carcass displays in clear obvious view. It is important to annoy as many people as possible.

You are a fine American, and an even finer Monroeian. Whats with all the Monroe High Schoolers wearing shirts that say "Monroe Humpers". I'm serious, some of them little Humpers sure are cute. smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

Thanks for your warm comments Kathy, and I have no idea about the Monroe humper shirts, but, I am intreaged.

Back to the work at hand, I'm considering recruiting some locals who engage in these kind of activities for recreation on a regular basis. In fact one of them punched me in the throat this weekend, [hell no] (all I did was look at his beer). Seems like I saw a big dead cow somewheres recently........

Sorry, amigo. It's English to German to English. The clue: "hot tip" - "heisse Spitze" - "am called tip". Translation program confused "heisse" meaning hot, with the a form of the verb "heissen"- "to be called." Good try, though. I'll give you a kewpie doll as a prize anyway. As you probably know, most of those translation programs suck. You really need to have a good working knowledge of the language of interest to be able to tweak the crude translations they create. I have to deal with several different languages in my work and I occasionally scan an obnoxious text with OCR, and dump it into the translation program to catch vocabulary that I don't know, and then spend just as much time cleaning it up, often with a dictionary. [geek]

shalom!- "Dwayner"

Dwayner - I like English-French-German- English.

Betrueb, amigo. It is English at GermanEnglish. The index: End with the designation " through TO " hot end " - " hot point " - ". the meaning of " is called by program " of hot translation with a form of the verb " is called confused " - " over " good attempt to be called however. I will give you a doll of kewpie as prices anyhow. As you probably know, the majority of these translation programs sucks. They must really have a good functioning knowledge of the interest language to be able to rotate the raw translations which create it. I must treat several different languages in my work, and I sweep an unpleasant text with ROCK and the emptiness in the translation program occasionally, in order to catch the vocabulary, which I just upward often do not know and then outputs as much time cleaning he with a dictionary.

• 6 years later...