I admit, I am (mostly) Anti-Bolt

Terminal_Gravity

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by E_Mohler:

Nice try Pope. Everyone that knows me would agree that I’m not so shallow as to piss people off on a daily basis to satisfy a twisted ego.

Strickland – As usual you’re tripping over your own words. You failed to mention Leavenworth as your local crag. If you’re not a local then leave your crowbar at home.

Cpt.Caveman – I’ve been lurking around here for awhile now.

Dru – If your so opposed to fixed anchors then it’s about time you go up on the North Ridge of Stuart and ripped out the rappel below The Great Gendarme. You’d be doing everyone a favor as the pitches on the Gendarme are far better than anything in that choss filled gully.

To the rest of you who can’t tell the difference - Castle Rock and Frenchman Coulee are not Mountains.

Eric

Nice try E_Mohlman. I am pro fixed anchor though. read before you troll dumbass.

quote:

Originally posted by slaphappy:

Dru do you have a thing for young Japaneese chicks?

Isn't "Sexual Chocolate" the name of a band in an older Eddie Murphy movie?

Oh and this topic sucks!

only the cute ones. but hello kitty is so cool everyone on the planet likes it.

• 7 months later...

Nope, not a dead issue yet. Oh, sport climbing is largely accepted these days, but folks keep chipping away at the edges, bolting cracks, retro-bolting, bolting holds on, etc. Here's a link to an interview with Steve Grossman, who has an article on ethics in the current Black Diamond catalog: grossman interview Of course, if you're oh so tired of this whole thing, just move on [chubit]

OffWhite- thanks for that article.... i agree with it nearly completely.... to me at least many of the principals that he speaks of are obvious and are common sense.... i'm just curious what a pro-bolters motivation is as far as climbing goes.... because my approach to climbing is very minimal impact and to enjoy the environment.... what is your motivation to climb i wonder....

• 1 year later...
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Dru:

<strong>Just gettin this thread back to the top it was one of the all time classics!!!!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Truely classic

one more time for old times sake?

texplorer wrote:

Some reasons why trad climbing might not catch on

1) It's too scary

2) It will require many people to learn to climb cracks instead of all those little monos

3) Trad gear is expensive (you'll have to get a job)

4) Everything will be bolted by 2010

5) Would you wanted to be associated with someone like pope or cavey

6) Trad gear is 'heavy' and 'bulky' and rips holes in spandex

7) You'll go from climbing 5.12 to 5.8 instantly

8) There's not as many chics on the N Face of the Grand

9) Taped hands leave that sticky stuff on you for days and shaved wrists just aren't in style these days

10) Could'nt think of another reason to make an even ten

revisiting the classics! thumbs_up.gif