Steady diet of junkfood umm errr Health food

Cpt.Caveman

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to take a pic for one of those Patagonia ads with the "Commited to the core" captions below it. I'll be sitting on the hood of my 93 cougar with all my rock gear out and pouring mountain dew out of a 2-liter onto my sugar frosted flakes. Of course I'll have to borrow someone else's Pataguchi gear since I'm just a poor climber and don't own any myself.

i used to eat real bad, but since i have reached my enlightend point i tend to stay away from crap. i will admit that i am a sucker for a greasy cheese burger, but what good ole' american ain't.

now it is fruite and veggies and the what not.

I like eating sticks and twigs myself. Bark is good if your really desperate, although it can be gummy. Speaking of gummy, its a hard diet and I lost a lot of my teeth, and the ones that remain don't exactly attract the opposite sex. Why don't I eat plants you ask? Because I don't know the difference from a poison oak plant to an oak tree, and it scares me. Why not meat? Because I like my animals to be happy and fearless, not worrying about falling under the butcher's knife. Just like a hindu cow. Now that's a fearless cow.

quote:

Originally posted by Terminal Gravity:

I used to eat those sesame snack crackers... but even I couldn't stand my own stench. Fart City.

You sure it's those sesame things? I've never known those to cause that. I do know that the freeze dried meals make for pretty noxious fumes. The other week I just about gagged myself.

Has anybody ever found the real cause of the proliferation of flatulence when in the outdoors? Also, does anybody have any ideas/solutions - like, does "Gas-X" or any other of those commercial products work? (hmm, maybe we should start a thread on this - seems like it could be a pretty entertaining topic.)

I think it's giardia from all that untreated water everyone's been drinking!!

Freeze dried food is a definite culprit, shouldn't be eating this overpriced styrofoam unless your trips' going to be more than 5 days, pack good stuff instead, I've usually got fresh veggies for the first three days, always accounts for the heaviest bulk weight in my pack.

As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing better ( or better for you) after a long day of GU & Cytomax than a big Greasy Cheese Burger with a side of prime rib and a pitcher of beer. If you play hard enough and burn those calories climbing, then eat what ever you crave. Unless, of course, you're trying to become the next Bobbi Bensman. I'm not and I'll bet Caveman is not either. My 2 cents.

[This message has been edited by Terminal Gravity (edited 10-03-2001).]

A good cork or sphincter control works better than dietary changes.

Winter is coming. 10 "logger special" breakfasts are a damn sight cheaper than a fancy-schmancy North Face jacket with electric heater coils!! Plus it gives the ladies something to hold on to.

farting is your body maintaining the pressure differential with low-pressure air at altitude.

imagine if you didn't fart as you climbed everest. you might explode on the summit from the pressure gradient between your sea-level-pressure guts and the 8800m outsides.

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

farting is your body maintaining the pressure differential with low-pressure air at altitude.

imagine if you didn't fart as you climbed everest. you might explode on the summit from the pressure gradient between your sea-level-pressure guts and the 8800m outsides.

Sort of like your ears popping?... only it's your butt that's popping.

I hunt snafflehounds with my bolt gun.

If I'm unsuccessful it's pepporoni sticks, corn dogs, coffee and beer. Power gel with double caffeine for bravery.

If you drive up to Paradise with a sealed container of yogurt in your car, it blows up. It's kind of the same thing with your butt when you fart...hopefully its not as messy.