Who hacked the Infinite Bliss- "Drill in Wildern.?

Edlinger

and the implication of comparing that vast open pit to the horrors of bolting is pretty valid...

I disagree. That's the old LAME excuse that as long as there is a bigger mess somewhere else, you don't have to deal with the smaller ones.

Why is something like an open pit coal mine a "mess"? Why make a normative statement about a particular fact of our technological existence? Open pit coal mines, like bolts, are neither good nor bad, but extensions of the technological world onto the natural. We are organic components of the technological world, using our biologic energy to enact the localized/delocalized "mind" of the/our technological consciousness. Your morals are a relic from a distant organic past.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the implication of comparing that vast open pit to the horrors of bolting is pretty valid...

I disagree. That's the old LAME excuse that as long as there is a bigger mess somewhere else, you don't have to deal with the smaller ones.

Why is something like an open pit coal mine a "mess"? Why make a normative statement about a particular fact of our technological existence? Open pit coal mines, like bolts, are neither good nor bad, but extensions of the technological world onto the natural. We are organic components of the technological world, using our biologic energy to enact the localized/delocalized "mind" of the/our technological consciousness. Your morals are a relic from a distant organic past.

I can't believe I actually agree with you 100% on something, CB!

BTW, what is the difference between the blight that is a strip mine and the blight of the Valley of the Kings?

BTW, what is the difference between the blight that is a strip mine and the blight of the Valley of the Kings?

Is there a punchline to this joke?

Could it be...the difference is that you apparently know nothing about the Valley of the Kings or archaeology??? Could that be it?

Dude....you're both ignorant and gratuitously hateful, both of which are clouding your mind.

This perfectly frames and explains the entire phenomena, issue, and impact. It also perfectly explains the obesity epidemic, strip malls, and the bolt-enabled transformation of climbing to riskless entertainment for the vast majority of the demographic.

This perfectly frames and explains the entire phenomena, issue, and impact. It also perfectly explains the obesity epidemic, strip malls, and the bolt-enabled transformation of climbing to riskless entertainment for the vast majority of the demographic.

yawn

I'm here for you.

i think we all understand that you have drawn a line in the sand. and that many have drawn their lines in the sand. and still others will have none of this drawing of lines in the sand business. these lines in the sand are but opinions. opinions that we have heard over and over and over again. perhaps you believe that the more you haggle about your particular line in the sand, the more it will hold credence than others. sort of like making yourself easier to understand by shouting.

i think we all understand that you have drawn a line in the sand. and that many have drawn their lines in the sand. and still others will have none of this drawing of lines in the sand business. these lines in the sand are but opinions. opinions that we have heard over and over and over again. perhaps you believe that the more you haggle about your particular line in the sand, the more it will hold credence than others. sort of like making yourself easier to understand by shouting.

line in the sand??!?!??! you obviously know NOTHING about archaeology!