"Who's With Me?"

prole

Old cunt-face is at it again. God, I hope he runs in 2012. He funny.

Joe Lieberman: Yemen is 'tomorrow's war,' we need to be pre-emptive

In an interview with Fox News, Sen Joe Lieberman warned that Yemen is likely to become the site of the next American war unless the government takes preventive measures to stop the spread of al-Qaeda.

According to Lieberman, a government official in the Yemeni capital of Sana'a told him, "Iraq was yesterday's war, Afghanistan is today's war. If we don't act preemptively, Yemen will be tomorrow's war."--from here.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew, rough crowd here today....

Rough crowd?! Given this country's recent track record executing its wars and the social free-fall we're in domestically, this guy should be burned at the stake...or just laughed at until he resigns out of sheer embarrassment.

Burning at the stake is far too merciful for people like Lieberman. He and all other chickenhawks such as Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rove, smirk-ass "W", Wolfowitz, etc. should be the first to be drafted. Anyone eager to start a war should forced to participate first hand, in person. And without adequate body armor, training, provisions, or sufficient backup, or any proper R & R, the same way they voted to send our young people to suffer and die. Then when they're brutally maimed and crippled for life, brain-damaged, PTSD, etc., let them have to suffer the travails of the inadequately funded and unresponsive confusion of the Veterans medical care system which they allowed to go begging.

There should also be a ready supply of recruits from the brokerage and banking trading firms on Wall Street, that deserve a couple of 18-month tours in 120 degree heat with 60 pound packs.

Edited by Mtguide

lieberman's positions seem to have been pretty consistent for a while now: quite "liberal" on domestic issues (NARAL gives him 100, for example), quite hawkish on foreign policy. actually a "maverick" of sorts, unlike the self-proclaimed version from arizona.

he's an orthodox zionist jew, so it's not entirely surprising that his FP positions indicate a hawkish stance inre the middle-east. do i agree? i feel his position is short-sighted for a variety of reasons, but i do think he believes his positions to be sincere.