What's all this Copenhagen stuff about?

gertlush

So as I flip through the paper on my way to the comics I always see a bunch of articles about this climate change conference deal. I thought I would get the learned experts of CC.com to give me the executive summary of the issues so I can go back to ignoring it.

My understanding is that is it supremely-effing-omfg!-important that we make up some BS target about how we're going to cut our emissions even though nobody is actually going to do anything like that and doesn't want to. Didn't we already sign & ignore that Kyoto treay like 15 years ago? Isn't this shit put to bed yet??

Also how come they only talk about partial reductions? The UN should mandate that all emissions cease tomorrow...and we end world poverty to boot... now that is the kind of far-sighted, dynamic innovative action we need. Where is Bono & Bob Geldof on this? How come we haven't heard their important contributions yet?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
So as I flip through the paper on my way to the comics I always see a bunch of articles about this climate change conference deal. I thought I would get the learned experts of CC.com to give me the executive summary of the issues so I can go back to ignoring it.

My understanding is that is it supremely-effing-omfg!-important that we make up some BS target about how we're going to cut our emissions even though nobody is actually going to do anything like that and doesn't want to. Didn't we already sign & ignore that Kyoto treay like 15 years ago? Isn't this shit put to bed yet??

Also how come they only talk about partial reductions? The UN should mandate that all emissions cease tomorrow...and we end world poverty to boot... now that is the kind of far-sighted, dynamic innovative action we need. Where is Bono & Bob Geldof on this? How come we haven't heard their important contributions yet?

How were you able to start a topic on global warming that ended in the first page? WTF?

This is important stuff, yer all gonnnnnnna DIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!

:fahq: