Looking for a sucker

AlpineK

Are you an expert skier/mountaineer? If you had something cool to do would you mind lugging a big pack and being cold and maybe wet? Do you have flexible time in May? Can you hang out with someone who likes substance abuse (but maybe not as much as you might expect wink.gif" border="0 )

If you can say yes to all of the above you should send me a PM.

I've got some plans in the great white north, and lots of experience skiing and climbing. I live in Ballard and I've got a truck.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the skiing/mtn'ing shit K, but I'll hang out with you because you're cool and the chicks think your a sex-magnet and hung like a stud field mouse. grin.gif" border="0 I really need some babe lessons because I aint been too lucky in that department lately. What say? [big Drink]tongue.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by scot'teryx:

No I am notI can barely walk the streets

Didn't I see you rippin it up at the summit-at-snoqualmie on the bunny run?
[chubit]

If you were there 30 years ago you did. tongue.gif" border="0

Sorry Scott you don't meet the criteria.

Trask, I want to drink some beer with you, but I don't think you would be into what I've got in mind.

To anyone else; I'm trolling, but I'm serious

if this is the trip i got shown a couple weeks ago, through my beer clouded mind it is a sweet but difficult undertaking.....

i would go, but i've got some sandstone in my future..........

and i would climb or ski with kurt before i would with a whole posse of bhamers or mtn guides or mounties..........

AlpineK, are you the Kurt I met early season skinning up chair peak basin in some light pow? I'm the Corey that lives at Alpental. I am always interested in trips, but I work nights M-F, which means anything that requires more than an hour or 2 has to be on the weekends, and I usually don't get off work untill 3am or so on fridays. That said, I am still alway interested to find folks to do trips with. Anyways, drop me a line at alpentalcorey@yahoo.com .

Take it easy...

Oh btw I will be in Oregon this week so I will not be able to respond until after then.

how many days total K? I probably can't spare the time but I can torture myself for a few weeks dreaming that I _might_ be able to ... plus I am not an 'expert' frown.gif" border="0

If you are going where you said before (why so secret?) I think I can get you some 1:20000 maps for free, and let me know if you need a car shuttle or anything. smile.gif" border="0

• 3 weeks later...

So I thought I would bump this back up top. I've got one sucker, but 1 or 2 more would be good.

This is a 10 day thing I'm talking about, so if you can't do ten days starting on or about the 10th of May don't write me.

It's a lot of work but a cool thing to do; you'll love it.

C'mon, I know there are hapless mountaineering loners out there with nothing better to do than go on a collosal suffer fest-I mean ski traverse. Come see terrain that few people have ever seen, lose some weight, earn some alpine snobbery points, and in general gain an appreciation of all the wonderful things like beer and Squamish that most people are smart enough never to leave in the first place. No seriously, it will be pretty cool. We know you're out there, we know where you live, and we know you are reading this right now. Join the team, and have a really good excuse to drink pitchers of Baldwin/Coopers when you get back. [big Drink]

[ 04-28-2002, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: jordop ]

Trollin, trollin, trollin

Keep those doggies trollin

(instead of the usual "on belay bullshit, I have now taken to informing my partners, "Rawhide in G. Watch for the changes")

p.s. Did I mention were on a mission from God? (Actually from Guinness) [big Drink]

[ 04-29-2002, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: jordop ]