Improving my personal fitness

I am looking to improve my fitness level for hiking/mountaineering at altitude. I have a good overall fitness level and would like to find a personal trainer who participates in mountaineering or hiking and who lives in the Vancouver, B.C area. I would like to learn more about training while improving my overall fitness. I have heard Kinesiologists are better qualified for my needs. Is there any Kinesiologists out there or have you got any advice, responses would be appreciated!!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

winthrop is a little far from vancouver.

True. She is often in Vancouver, BC and the surrounding vicinity as she has several skiers she coaches in that area. Alot of what she does is to monitor the athletes via the internet and spreadsheet profiles.

I am sure there are some great resources closer but she has worked with a several climbers and works with endurance athletes.

Cheers!

Hi Pablo

Feel free to send me an email or private message here with any questions.

I can definitely help you find resources in the Vancouver area to help you with your fitness training, whether it's with personal training or guidance with a self-directed program.

Sorry for the drift - why don't you look into Crossfit? I know some people who've seen big gains from the program. As far as i know there are two crossfit gyms in van - one d/t and the other near Clark. Worth looking into if you want to tear shit up.

two Crossfit gyms in downtown Van, one at Clark&3rd, one in N Van, one in W. Van, two in Langley, two in Surrey, one in Maple Ridge.

not too many CrossFit trainers in lower mainland with experience at high altitude mountaineering though.

• 4 weeks later...

7 to 10 miles with a 30lb plus pack 3-4 times a week about half

the distance should be going up and down hill.

The best training for climbing, is actual climbing so do so

every chance you get on the weekends.

Dan