Rock hard?

Bug

Can your shell of perception be stretched at all?

"While he seems to enjoy being taught, he doesn’t like referring to his discourses as teaching. “Yes, I have no teaching, no philosophy. All I have is methods, which you can call a technology. If you ask me to say in one sentence what my central message is, I would say, ‘Do not settle for the limitations of your experience. Try to break it and move to the next level. If you do that, you will know there are many levels of reality outside and within yourself. Don’t settle for who you are right now.”

But why not? He throws the question back at me. “Don’t you want to play golf a little better tomorrow?” We all want a little more of what we know best — money, love, power, knowledge. “There is something within us which does not like boundaries. If we find unconscious expression of this, we call it materialism. If it is conscious, we call it a spiritual process. You can either walk with your eyes open or closed. I am saying why not keep them open.”"

http://www.hindu.com/mag/2009/03/15/stories/2009031550330800.htm

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ultimate truth is a process, that i believe

its a great concept for a monk, but what if you apply that to morality? at some point the rubber meets the road. unfortunately we're not all disciplined, and require walls to separate our foul little nests from the next's.

it isn't always a question of a better golf game, sometimes its where can i get my next hit of meth?

Uh, "truth"?

Is that why you try to climb something harder?

This is a practice that is not so different from climbing.

It requires physical development and mental discipline and is more fun the more you do it.

The ultimate goal could be the same for you.

Unless you're are a homo.

Not that there's anything wrong with that......