Close Gitmo?

Serenity

It seems to me that trust is a big part of being a citizen. For instance, we should be trusting that the Pentagon is war gaming how to get the most bang for the buck internationally from our military and diplomacy. By that I mean how do we maximize our safety while minimizing the expense?

Bill... you're kidding, right? Think of any weapons upgrade, whether it is the B-1 bomber or the latest generation fighters, or the pathetic trucks we sent to Iraq in which our troops had to put sandbags on the floor or weld scrap metal onto. We should trust the pentagon procurement office to make good choices?

I agree with part of your premise, and I stated this point the other night in response to one of Serenity's posts: we DO have to have some measure of trust or respect or appreciation and at some level we cannot second-guess everything. At least not on an operational level. But when we are talking about procurement? (Let alone policy) The larger point remains: at the fundamental levels we can and should second guess pretty much everything.

Well, I wasn't kidding. In fact as I pointed out earlier, threads like these are only really geared for sound bites. Frankly, I would have thought that you OR Trvash would have called it on the real obvious Elephant in the room, ie, the US attack on Iraq.

Did it make us safer? We spent a fortune there, if the goal of the military is to make us safer for the most bang for the most buck (safest easiest cheapest)....did it happen? Was this it? Did we meet our needs and our goals? Are we safer now?

I don't see it, but I hope someone behind the curtain is looking at something I can't look at, otherwise, we just squandered our national treasure and international political goodwill for ......for what again? Billion and billions of dollars flushed, thousands of lives wasted (maybe in the 6 figures depending on who is counting) many of our allies wary, defensive and alienated by our trampling on international law and/or convention.

See on the soundbite thing? I could keep on if you want Matt...

..and Mike and Scott, you dudes and folks like you are part of that national treasure. This shit is seriously fucking precious- our money, our countries security and our very lives: and are not to be tossed about like a used Kleenex for minimal or non-existent reasons.

Like I said: I'm praying and hoping that there is something behind the curtain that's not so obvious....as I get older, I learn that is often the case.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK......so maybe we should answer a simple question first:

What is the goal of the military?

To piss off pussy liberals. Mission accomplished bitch.

anything that falls outside of smoking a bowl, or comparing rock and roll top 100 lists lacks purpose for boner.

Dude…..take your lips off the bong and step back a few feet.

I may be interested in music….but JESUS CHRIST dude, you have a fascination with weed. You post about it all the time. Does your wife know?

Are you fucking kidding? You can't piss out a forest fire homes. Your shitty diplomacy, fucked up economy and your lack of law enforcement (crippled by liberals) is the reason that there is a forest fire.

Better drink up bud.

Shitty law enforcement? We've got 2.2 million people in prison right now, by far the highest incarceration rate in the world.

What universe do you hail from?

Joseph's post is spot on.

No, it's not. However I will point out once again that from you sterilized environment it probably seems to be. This post started as a troll, and remains as equally useless despite all your attempts to argue otherwise.

With your super secret squirrel clandestine background you allude to (bullshit), why don't you get yourself in the game for a few years and open your mind. Oh, I forgot...you're too busy being 'brave' from the rear with the gear.

For such a useless thread, you can't seem to tear yourself away from it.

Get in the game? Are you seriously asking why I don't join the military? Well....

a) I didn't much care for it the first time

b) I think it's this country's largest waste of time, money and effort

c) I haven't agreed with anything the military has been ordered to do since WWII.

d) I don't get off on hurting people or the prospect of hurting people.

and

e) I'm 50 years old, you fucking idiot.

Step up bitch.

dude, there's too much gear in the way!

but thanks for including me in the select "i've been pm'ed by a pissed off prissy bitch" club though!

It's sad when an alpha dog finds himself in a new pack that just won't recognize his former status.

7 years downrange! I'm the Big Bad Woof!

Jesus, this needy little puppy's got the emotional make up of a 6 year old.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Oh, I think all the blabbering has been quite useful. It's amazing to me that everyone on this forum, regardless of politics (save one), agrees that Gitmo should be shut down. Even the holdout can't seem to come up with a reason why it should stay open.

Yes, quite useful indeed.

Edited by tvashtarkatena