Close Gitmo?

Serenity

I never said I was. But if we are applying this moniker perhaps you would be the spokesmen for everything and anyone on Earth.

But since you have so much experience with the Lakota, why don't you tell me some examples of how drinking Lysol is a rational response to an event that happened a century ago.

I've been re-elected president of the earth. Haven't you heard?

Edited by tvashtarkatena

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little thing I like to call personal responsibility. There are many Lakota Sioux that made lives for themselves. Their past and their current situations are not reasons for their misfortunes/poverty; their attitude are. The past is merely an excuse for apathy and ambivalence.

Almost every people on this earth were subjugated at one time or another from one nation or another. The difference is whether you use it as fuel for ambition or an excuse for ambivalence.

I think your concise treatise on the development of contemporary Lakota culture requires no further embellishment from me.

You must have been a real favorite on the rez.

sounds like reprimanding a guy in a wheel chair, his spinal chord severed, for turning to drink in desperation and depression - "what's the matter, iron-sides, you gonna let something that happened a long time ago keep you from running?"

sounds like reprimanding a guy in a wheel chair, his spinal chord severed, for turning to drink in desperation and depression - "what's the matter, iron-sides, you gonna let something that happened a long time ago keep you from running?"

Except for that the accident happened to their great great grandfather instead of them. You guys love to pander these people. You know why they are fucked up? BECAUSE YOU PANDER THEM. Think about it.

I'm thinking about it. I've never met a Lakota (to my knowledge, anyway), yet their whole tribe is fucked up, every damn one of them drunk on lysol, because I pander to them by...how am I pandering to them again?

I'm confused.

I'm thinking that there just might be a little more to it than that, but hey, what do I know about the Lakota?

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I would point out that your tying of The United States to Saddam's atrocities during the 80's and 90's is ridiculous. He was never a 'puppet' of the US.

huh? we pumped plenty of cash and weapons to him as our puppet to counter-balance iran, another beast of our own making

hey, it might be wikipedia, but it can't ALL by lies, eh?

and just for fun...it's alwasy fun to see rummy hanging out w/ the big H!

From your own link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms_sales_to_Iraq_1973-1990

Iraq Arms Suppliers 1973-1990: Soviet Union 68.9%; France 12.7%; China 11.8%; Eqypt 1.3%; United States 0.5%

C'mon, Ivan, at least read the links you post.

They are synonymous. Brule that is. Short for burnt thigh nation.

Sure, belittle other's experiences though you have none of your own. Typical for you. Oh, and I wasn't an intern homey, and it wasn't in the summer. Winters in the badlands are harsh.

You are right though; the current status quo is going great for the Lakota. Diabetes, Heart Disease, Organ failure due to ETOH. We sure got that one right. Oh and the highest suicide rate in the entire WORLD. Yeppers, yer right. We should continue on with the status quo.

Oh, I have a few experiences in that department, but you're certainly not going to be privvy to them.

Oh and once again I call bull shit. You have always alluded to being privvy to experiences, but fail to divulge details. In my line of work we know that is a sign that the subject is completely full of shit. I have called you out on your supposed military experience, but still you denied to. I now again call you out to know what your experiences with the Lakota were because I know alot of motherfucking people on that reservation. If you try to blow smoke up my ass, I will know and consequently everyone here will as well.

From your own link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms_sales_to_Iraq_1973-1990

Iraq Arms Suppliers 1973-1990: Soviet Union 68.9%; France 12.7%; China 11.8%; Eqypt 1.3%; United States 0.5%

i did - you cherry-pick and the one fact you select above presents a distorted picture, ignoring the so called "dual use" sales and the general fact that we used iraq against iran - consider the below from the article:

"The full extent of these covert transfers is not yet known. Teicher's files on the subject are held securely at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and many other Reagan era documents that could help shine new light on the subject remain classified. Teicher refused to discuss details of the affidavit with the Washington Post shortly before the 2003 invasion of Iraq.[11]

About two of every seven licenses for the export of "dual use" technology items approved between 1985 and 1990 by the US Department of Commerce "went either directly to the Iraqi armed forces, to Iraqi end-users engaged in weapons production, or to Iraqi enterprises suspected of diverting technology" to weapons of mass destruction according to an investigation by House Banking Committee Chairman Henry B. Gonzalez. According to the investigation, confidential Commerce Department files also reveal that the Reagan and Bush administrations approved at least 80 direct exports to the Iraqi military. These included computers, communications equipment, and aircraft navigation and radar equipment. Many of these exports were made before Iraq's eight-year war with Iran ended in 1988, a period in which Washington maintained an official policy of neutrality toward the combatants but vigorously worked to block foreign military purchases by Iran."

hmm..my schnitzel is burning!

Oh, I have a few experiences in that department, but you're certainly not going to be privvy to them.

Oh and once again I call bull shit. You have always alluded to being privvy to experiences, but fail to divulge details. In my line of work we know that is a sign that the subject is completely full of shit. I have called you out on your supposed military experience, but still you denied to. I now again call you out to know what your experiences with the Lakota were because I know alot of motherfucking people on that reservation. If you try to blow smoke up my ass, I will know and consequently everyone here will as well.

Um...I think I just posted that I've never met a Lakota. Am I that stoned, or is it you?

I have a few experiences in the drunken injun department, but like I said, that, and a few other topics, isn't up for discussion with web dumbshits such as yourself. As for what you believe or do not believe...I'm not going to lose a whole lot of sleep over it.

I now hand you over to the capable hands of Ivan, who will continue to intellectually ass fuck you until you bleed out.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

can't i accuse you of the same thing? from the link you posted:

"The United States did not supply any arms to Iraq until 1982, when Iran's growing military success alarmed American policymakers. It then did so every year until 1988. Although most other countries never hesitated to sell military hardware directly to Saddam Hussein's regime, the United States, equally keen to protect its interests in the region, adopted a more subtle approach. Howard Teicher served on the United States National Security Council as director of Political-Military Affairs. According to his 1995 affidavit and other interviews with former Regan and Bush administration officials, the Central Intelligence Agency secretly directed armaments and high-tech components to Iraq through false fronts and friendly third parties such as Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Kuwait, and they quietly encouraged rogue arms dealers and other private military companies to do the same:

"The CIA, including both CIA Director Casey and Deputy Director Gates, knew of, approved of, and assisted in the sale of non-U.S. origin military weapons, ammunition and vehicles to Iraq. My notes, memoranda and other documents in my NSC files show or tend to show that the CIA knew of, approved of, and assisted in the sale of non-U.S. origin military weapons, munitions and vehicles to Iraq." "

Um...I think I just posted that I've never met a Lakota. Am I that stoned, or is it you?

I have a few experiences in the drunken injun department, but like I said, that, and a few other topics, isn't up for discussion with web dumbshits such as yourself. As for what you believe or do not believe...I'm not going to lose a whole lot of sleep over it.

I now hand you over to the capable hands of Ivan, who will continue to intellectually ass fuck you until you bleed out.

Oh, so you just make allude to these experiences vaguely so that when called out you can deny it. Typical you pussy fuck.

nah, my heart's not in it - i'm planning on giving the kids a bath and then retiring to my boudior w/ my comely wife, a quart of madeira, and the final 100 pages of "the far side of the world" :)

after i finish this here snitzel and fried onions and 'taters n' spargel feast i'm fixing up for the in-laws...

can't i accuse you of the same thing? from the link you posted:

"The United States did not supply any arms to Iraq until 1982, when Iran's growing military success alarmed American policymakers. It then did so every year until 1988. Although most other countries never hesitated to sell military hardware directly to Saddam Hussein's regime, the United States, equally keen to protect its interests in the region, adopted a more subtle approach. Howard Teicher served on the United States National Security Council as director of Political-Military Affairs. According to his 1995 affidavit and other interviews with former Regan and Bush administration officials, the Central Intelligence Agency secretly directed armaments and high-tech components to Iraq through false fronts and friendly third parties such as Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Kuwait, and they quietly encouraged rogue arms dealers and other private military companies to do the same:

"The CIA, including both CIA Director Casey and Deputy Director Gates, knew of, approved of, and assisted in the sale of non-U.S. origin military weapons, ammunition and vehicles to Iraq. My notes, memoranda and other documents in my NSC files show or tend to show that the CIA knew of, approved of, and assisted in the sale of non-U.S. origin military weapons, munitions and vehicles to Iraq." "

Sounds like it was a reasonable approach for the time. But this in no way bolsters your claim that Iraq was a "puppet regime" of the United States.