Professor "Finds" Bin Laden!

billcoe

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill. The US is not interested in finding Bin Laden. Bin Laden is there trump card. They would have to slow down the military complex if they found him and that is not in the best interest of the US government. If we wanted to REALY find him we would have already. Take Sadam Hussan. We were not actually looking for him because did nothing wrong....and we found him hiding in a hole.

We went into Iraq for the oil and contracts. Not to find who was responsible for the WTC.

Bill. The US is not interested in finding Bin Laden. Bin Laden is there trump card. They would have to slow down the military complex if they found him and that is not in the best interest of the US government. If we wanted to REALY find him we would have already. Take Sadam Hussan. We were not actually looking for him because did nothing wrong....and we found him hiding in a hole.

A smarter man would immediately wonder why Saddam bothered hiding in a hole at all, if we weren't looking for him. :rolleyes:

Edited by rob

This:

We went into Iraq for the oil and contracts. Not to find who was responsible for the WTC.

Plus this:

It was a joke Rob.

= cop-out

grow a pair, 'bone... or better yet, just STFU. :fahq:

This:

Plus this:

It was a joke Rob.

= cop-out

grow a pair, 'bone... or better yet, just STFU. :fahq:

Right on Sobo. You rock.....you got me man.....what a cop out i wrote......thanks for calling me on it! Without you I would be a totaly nerd spewing about shit I no nothing about. Thanks again and take care of your wife and my kids.

:grin:

Well, Kevbone's right about one thing. I don't think we've been trying very hard to catch Bin Laden. Had capturing him been our objective, we would not have spent six weeks with a bullhorn, pronouncing to the world's media: "we are going to invade about a month from now so we can capture him" and we would have certainly done things differently at Tora Bora, and probably at many points since.

Here are a few cites:

Time Magazine

2002 Time Magazine article quoting “senior Bush aides” admitting that the month it took to build up forces for the invasion of Afghanistan gave bin Laden and his senior leaders plenty of time to carry out evacuation plans.

60 minutes

2008 broadcast where commander of unit supposedly sent to capture Bin Laden at Tora Bora says operation denied chance of success when various proposed tactitcs were disallowed by higher ups.

cursor.org

Blog or news page quoting General Meyers to say, in 2002, we were never after Osama anyway.

Media Matters

Article about Bush’s saying he didn’t think about Bin Laden any more - in 2002 and repeated in 2003, and then denying he’d said this in 2004 debate.

Time Magazine

Article saying search efforts lukewarm in 2005.

wired

Wired blog qutoing Musarraf saying “we are not looking for Bin Laden.”

The CIA knows exactly where bin Laden is. In fact, they've been tracking his every movement and plugging them into a multi terrabit terrorism prediction system. We've launched numerous mock sorties against bin Laden, logging a highly impressive 97% virtual kill rate. Drones, mostly, with the occasional F18 strike provided when available. Praise Allah for the Virtual Hellfire.

And that's the objective. Prompt, accurate, automated delivery of smart ordnance any time, any where, and ASAP from target acquisition. Real time intervention at a mouse click.

Thanks to bin Laden, We now track virtually every major terrorist in the world on an hourly time scale. Interdict within the hour.

Without you I would be a totaly nerd spewing about shit I no know nothing about.

You don't need me for that, kev. You're doing a great job all on your own. :grin:

Oh, I fixed your spelling for you, too.

Thanks again and take care of your wife and my kids.

Your welcome. It's about time to beat them again.